Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-09-2011, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Where to shop for lenses around San Jose, CA

My apologies if this thread is OT, i've searched the forum but haven't found a suitable place to post.

I'll be travelling to San Jose, California at the end of this month.
From what I've seen lens prices are far better than in Croatia, even with taxes included.
I've tried googling around but I've come up mostly with wolf/ritz camera stores, and I haven't seen them holding Pentax gear.

Can anyone recommend a store for buying pentax gear (or sigma/tamron gear for pentax) in San Jose?

Thanks in advance.

01-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I am not at all familiar with San Jose, but I find stocking dealers for Pentax mounts other than kit lenses pretty rare. If you can, I would lay over in NY City and visit a few big camera stores there such as B&H, Adorama etc. You can do some pre shopping on the internet in advance. Use Amazon as well.

In Los Angeles there is Samy's but they are light on Pentax stocks.

Maybe someone else can asist you better.
01-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
North of San Francisco

Shutterbug has 3 locations which carry Pentax lenses and a host of camera supplies. This one is their main store of the two in Santa Rosa. The address is:
3011 Santa Rosa Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Phone: (707) 546-3456

Prices are in line with Amazon except you'll have to pay taxes.

They also have one in Petaluma which is a little closer to SF. But, I would drive the extra 15 minutes to the main store.
01-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just so Mirek knows, Santa Rosa and Petaluma are at least a couple hours drive from San Jose, north of San Francisco.

01-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
San Jost Airport to San Rosa

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Just so Mirek knows, Santa Rosa and Petaluma are at least a couple hours drive from San Jose, north of San Francisco.
If you fly into San Jose Airport it's a 2 hr drive. Add 20 mins with traffic. If I were you, & I knew what I wanted, I would order online from one of the dealers who support this site. Then have it delivered to you in San Jose, in 2 days or even 1 day. You'll save a bunch of money on taxes. $17 to $30, One day shipping is less then $70 on $800 in taxes.

Shutterbug is a very nice store with just about everything you would want to find for photography. They're the only place I've been able to find that sells Pentax lenses where you can test them on your camera. I buy small stuff from them, and when I get the money, I'm buying here online. Saving myself money & driving time. Just my thoughts.