Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
Ok, guys, I bought the K-r, which arrived today. I LOVE IT. It has the dreaded Tungsten FF issue, but I can deal with it for now. My current plans are to stretch my budget a little and get a Sigma 10-20 (since I like wide) and a Sigma 28/1.8 to be my "normal." (The budget stretching is because I really, really want to keep my FA50 if at all possible, because I love it.)
Fantastic ! Congrats on your wonderful new camera - I'm sure the step up from a K10D is going to open many new photo ops for you. Enjoy and post many posts !

..... and that 10-20 Sigma is a lovely lense indeed, check out the 10-20 thread on here !!

01-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
lavascript:Ok, guys, I bought the K-r, which arrived today. I LOVE IT. It has the dreaded Tungsten FF issue, but I can deal with it for now. My current plans are to stretch my budget a little and get a Sigma 10-20 (since I like wide) and a Sigma 28/1.8 to be my "normal." (The budget stretching is because I really, really want to keep my FA50 if at all possible, because I love it.)
Congratulations! I think you have made a great choice. The Sigma 10-20 probably provides as much creative opportunity as any lens out there--possibilities are endless. You will not get bored with it, so you'll be busy until the bank account builds back up again. I hope we get to see you posting in the Sigma 10-20 CLub--soon!!!
01-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
paperbag: Sure, but be aware that the improvement in IQ will be in high ISO, but there will be little to no improvement at ISO 100-400, where IQ is the highest anyways.

You want to invest in lenses that will give you the best quality at ISO 100-400. High ISO (800) works in a pinch, and even with the K5, high ISO should be avoided if possible.
I'll need you to explain this to me a little more. The K5 offers huge improvements in Dynmaic range, not just high ISO improvement--this will make all lenses look better.

And for people who need faster shutter speeds, the high ISO will be a boon, getting performance out of slower lenses hitherto unknown. When I get a K5, I'll often be shooting it well above ISO 800, especialy in handheld macros, where faster shutter speeds are essentail due to DOF requirements.

How can you comfortably type the above words???
01-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
And for people who need faster shutter speeds, the high ISO will be a boon, getting performance out of slower lenses hitherto unknown. When I get a K5, I'll often be shooting it well above ISO 800, especialy in handheld macros, where faster shutter speeds are essentail due to DOF requirements.
Yeah, before, really the only lens I'd use indoors was the FA50 at f/1.4, but now I have other lenses at my disposal.

01-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #50
Veteran Member

I guess Mr. Paperbag is going to be silent on this one. Silence is not usualy Mr Paperbag's way--I suspect he is just busy--perhaps this bump will get his attention.