Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Screw Mount on K10D / SMC 50mm 1.2/1.4

Hello all, I'm relatively new to the SLR camp but I have a few questions:

First, is there anything to keep in mind/be careful of (or anything any of you were suprised by) when using a screw-mount adapter on your camera?

Second, I'm looking at the two SMC 50mm 1.2/1.4 lenses and wondering which would be more recommended. Both of these lenses are the old Manual ones, so I was wondering if you have have your camera in Full Manual Mode, or can you just turn it to Manual Focus mode and still have it control the exposure? Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Mitch (Flickr: Photos from mitchkramez)

10-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lots of good info on this already posted. (Take advantage of the search feature).

Short answer in the meantime, though:

1. Avoid adapters with a flange. The adapter should sit flush with the camera face. Otherwise you lose infinity focus. If you're not sure, post a link to what you're considering and the nice folks here will be very happy to confirm if what you're looking at is suitable or should be avoided like the plague.

2. You may shoot in either Manual mode or Av mode. I shoot M42 Takumars for 99% of my shots with the K100D and use Av except for when I'm using flash.