Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was in the same boat with my A50 f/1.7 and wanted a AF lens in the same range focal lengh but often wished that the 50 was slightly wider.
I went with the FA43 LTD its perfect i highly recomend it, i still have the A50 F/1.7 but i only use that for macro work now.

01-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #17
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 9littlebees Quote
I agree, the IQ and large apertures on these more expensive Limiteds would be the ideal solution (esp the 43mm!).

However, they are way out of my price range (more than 650 for the 43 and 1,000 for the 31 new!).
If you are ok with used one, have a look at ffordes.co.uk. They have used 43 for 450GBP I think
---
Edit: I just checked and yes they do have silver 43 for 450GBP. They are very good store IMO and I've dealt with them on numerous occasions.
---
As for your lens hunt, I'd recommend either FA43 - which I have now - which is fabulous lens but not very fast AF or F50/1.7 which I regret selling and which has AF (as fast as DA40 IMO) and fantastic IQ.

Last edited by axl; 01-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.
01-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
If you are ok with used one, have a look at ffordes.co.uk. They have used 43 for 450GBP I think
---
Edit: I just checked and yes they do have silver 43 for 450GBP. They are very good store IMO and I've dealt with them on numerous occasions.
---
As for your lens hunt, I'd recommend either FA43 - which I have now - which is fabulous lens but not very fast AF or F50/1.7 which I regret selling and which has AF (as fast as DA40 IMO) and fantastic IQ.
axl - thanks very much for the link, though I was unfortunately too slow to grab the 43mm.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I have purchased the F50/1.4, as this is apparently a rare lens and I found one at a good price. I've read many of the forum articles comparing IQ etc with the 1.7, but I went for the 1.4 as the better bokeh and faster aperture are a bit more desirable than a slightly sharper image at f2.

I will continue to keep my eyes open for a good price on the 43mm, though I may hold off on the 70mm now as the 50 may make this focal length redundant.

On another note, I'm looking at getting a good wider-angle macro lens (like the DA35 Ltd), but MF is preferred. Any suggestions? Actually, I may start another post!