Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was in the same boat with my A50 f/1.7 and wanted a AF lens in the same range focal lengh but often wished that the 50 was slightly wider.
I went with the FA43 LTD its perfect i highly recomend it, i still have the A50 F/1.7 but i only use that for macro work now.

01-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #17
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 9littlebees Quote
I agree, the IQ and large apertures on these more expensive Limiteds would be the ideal solution (esp the 43mm!).

However, they are way out of my price range (more than £650 for the 43 and £1,000 for the 31 new!).
If you are ok with used one, have a look at ffordes.co.uk. They have used 43 for 450GBP I think
---
Edit: I just checked and yes they do have silver 43 for 450GBP. They are very good store IMO and I've dealt with them on numerous occasions.
---
As for your lens hunt, I'd recommend either FA43 - which I have now - which is fabulous lens but not very fast AF or F50/1.7 which I regret selling and which has AF (as fast as DA40 IMO) and fantastic IQ.

Last edited by axl; 01-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.
01-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
If you are ok with used one, have a look at ffordes.co.uk. They have used 43 for 450GBP I think
---
Edit: I just checked and yes they do have silver 43 for 450GBP. They are very good store IMO and I've dealt with them on numerous occasions.
---
As for your lens hunt, I'd recommend either FA43 - which I have now - which is fabulous lens but not very fast AF or F50/1.7 which I regret selling and which has AF (as fast as DA40 IMO) and fantastic IQ.
axl - thanks very much for the link, though I was unfortunately too slow to grab the 43mm.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I have purchased the F50/1.4, as this is apparently a rare lens and I found one at a good price. I've read many of the forum articles comparing IQ etc with the 1.7, but I went for the 1.4 as the better bokeh and faster aperture are a bit more desirable than a slightly sharper image at f2.

I will continue to keep my eyes open for a good price on the 43mm, though I may hold off on the 70mm now as the 50 may make this focal length redundant.

On another note, I'm looking at getting a good wider-angle macro lens (like the DA35 Ltd), but MF is preferred. Any suggestions? Actually, I may start another post!