Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Info on Cosina lens

I at the local shop looking around at some of the pentax lens. They had a Cosona 28mm-210mm for $135 I forgot the f stops i know it was 6.5 at the long end. I checked the database and didn't see it listed there. Would this be a decent all round lens. right now I just have the kit that came with my k-x and a couple of primes. I looked similar to this. Maybe they got the name wrong at the shop.

http://www.adorama.com/SY28210PXAF.html

another question I had too is i know how manual primes work but how would manual zooms work?

Last edited by sub5runner; 01-14-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: link
01-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sub5runner Quote
I at the local shop looking around at some of the pentax lens. They had a Cosona 28mm-210mm for $135 I forgot the f stops i know it was 6.5 at the long end. I checked the database and didn't see it listed there. Would this be a decent all round lens. right now I just have the kit that came with my k-x and a couple of primes. I looked similar to this. Maybe they got the name wrong at the shop.

P09582 Phoenix 28-210mm f/4.2-6.5 AS / IF Tele Wide Zoom Auto Focus Lens for Pentax AF

another question I had too is i know how manual primes work but how would manual zooms work?
A lot of these Newer super-zoom lenses are typically refinished and re-badged versions of one another (cosina, quanturay, promaster, etc). Witness the Vivitar/Rokanar/etc 85mm f1.4. I can't speak on the quality, for the money, it may be decent but I wouldn't expect a lot out of it.

Manual zooms work just like manual primes. The only difference being you have another ring on the lens to play with.

01-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

Manual zooms work just like manual primes. The only difference being you have another ring on the lens to play with.

should of said when you set the length of the shake reduction. as there isn't one set length.
01-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sub5runner Quote
should of said when you set the length of the shake reduction. as there isn't one set length.
I don't use many manual zooms but I usually go for the middle of the range for a set it and leave it. If I'm doing something specific however (I was only going to shoot at 28mm) I would set the SR for that FL.