Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Raynox 250

Well I just got my Raynox DCR250 in today, and had a few minutes before the game (Ravens Steelers!) to take a few shots.

Granted they are not the best. I really need to invest in a better tripod... --scratch that-- AMAZON really needs to SHIP my BACKORDERED Dolica I ordered a month ago. And i also need to get some time in on this little lens (adapter). Its alot harder to work than I imagined. There is such a narrow depth of field, its next to nothing, (as shown in most of the pictures)

But never the less, it was fun playing for a little bit. My only other question is, and i realize my mistake now, I was under the impression that this would almost be like a 2.5x magnifier. When in reality, its only for macro shots. I was looking to shoot some photos of the moon and such. Should i just get a regular 2x magnifier? there is no way that this would work is there?

Thanks

Here are a few shots. The first couple came out ok, the last one is of grains of sand, it cam out pretty bad, but still is pretty incredible to me that it will zoom that closely.

Attached Images

01-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter

I think you're confusing converter and magnifier. The Raynox magnifies the image 2.5x's. The converter lengthens your focal length 2x's.

Here's a thread where some of us posted our Raynox lens photos. It has some useful info in there for you.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/71775-mirror-l...ht=raynox+club

There are other threads discussing the Raynox, you might want to search for them, because there are many of them here in the Lens forum.
01-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved from field accessories to lens discussion (borderline, but it is a lens I suppose :-)
01-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's what I thought at first, but thought if I posted there it would end up being moved here lol

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Moved from field accessories to lens discussion (borderline, but it is a lens I suppose :-)

01-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Anyways ... yep, this is for macro only: the zone where focus can be obtained is about ~5" from the front element and pretty thin as is DOF (typical for macro in any case). For moon shots a teleconverter might work, generally they result in a hefty loss of light and IQ though.