Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Beware - eBay Scam FA* lenses

Beware,
The eBay scammers have resurfaced again. There was a one day listing for FA*300/f2.8 with a supposed option to Buy it Now for 600GBP if you email the seller beforehand at JackStuff09@aol.com.
Had the item on my watch list last night but the listing has since been removed. Looks like he hijacked a legit sellers account who had 100% positive feedback but mostly alll for womens clothing.
The first clue to the stench was the incredibly low price 600 GBP which is about $1177 US. The next was the fact that the item was quite unusual for a seller who deals primarily in clothing.
This guy seems to be working other fake lenses too. I just saw two Nikon 500mm manual focus primes that also indicated 600GBP. These listings still showing in preview mode, but indicate item removed when clicked on.
Just remember if it sounds too good to be true, odds are it most likely is.

JayT

12-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I received Fa* 300 f2/8 scams a lot for prices I bidded everywhere. It is almost like a spam now and i get alerts in my ebay like stars in the sky.

Hard to locate that lens anymore and last time it was sold for 2889 US dollars 2nd hand. And to me, that is a bargain comparing to the original price.

Thanks for the warning

James