Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #16
Site Supporter
royden's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 281
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Yes, the Raynox 150 is definitely the way to go.

The 250 is not a good match for the 55-300. The combo will do 1:2 macro and 2.4:1 macro and not much in between, due to serious vignetting. Working distance is also very tight. The Raynox 150 is an ideal mate for the 55-300mm.
Hey Dan, Thanks for the quick responce. Saw some on EB for $60.00. Is that a good Price?

Ted

01-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member
jolepp's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Finland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,196
QuoteOriginally posted by tkossally Quote
Hey Dan, Thanks for the quick responce. Saw some on EB for $60.00. Is that a good Price?

Ted
Seems Adorama is offering one for $42.95 incl. shipping.

http://www.adorama.com/?

If you go shopping through the above link there should be a bit in it to support the site . [edit: you need to put it in the basket to see / get the special price.]
01-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #18
Site Supporter
royden's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 281
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Seems Adorama is offering one for $42.95 incl. shipping.

http://www.adorama.com/?

If you go shopping through the above link there should be a bit in it to support the site . [edit: you need to put it in the basket to see / get the special price.]
Hi there, As a friend use to say, "thanks muchly" All the way from Finland. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing!!! By the way, I love the music of Jean Sibelius.....Finlandia and the 2nd symphony comes to mind.
Ted
01-25-2011, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member
jolepp's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Finland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,196
QuoteOriginally posted by tkossally Quote
Hi there, As a friend use to say, "thanks muchly" All the way from Finland. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing!!! By the way, I love the music of Jean Sibelius.....Finlandia and the 2nd symphony comes to mind.
Ted
You are welcome. The Internet is a catalyst for all sorts of things that hardly would happen otherwise, such as us Pentax guys and gals all over the world getting together without even leaving home I was looking for this myself recently and Adorama had the best deal I could find. Sibelius is a national pride of ours, of course

01-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #20
Site Supporter
royden's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 281
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
You are welcome. The Internet is a catalyst for all sorts of things that hardly would happen otherwise, such as us Pentax guys and gals all over the world getting together without even leaving home I was looking for this myself recently and Adorama had the best deal I could find. Sibelius is a national pride of ours, of course
Purchased the 150 yesteday. Thanks again to all.

Ted
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #21
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 360
Original Poster
ok, just for reference
100mm = 43cm
100mm + raynox = 21cm
55mm = 60 cm
55mm + raynox= 41 cm
210mm = 90mm
210mm + raynox= 17mm

that's the dimension across (i took a picture of a ruler).

the sensor is about 22.7 mm, so i got a bit over 1:1 with it on my macro lens (not too bad)... and about 1.3:1 with the 210mm zoom.

the working distance is still usable... so it's good.
09-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #22
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 21
So, whats the magnification of the dcr150?

With a pentax 55-300 and a dcr150 whats the max magnification?
09-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
Inactive Account




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ames, Iowa, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,965
QuoteOriginally posted by sckortyman Quote
With a pentax 55-300 and a dcr150 whats the max magnification?
At 300mm focused at infinity the mag is 300/208 ~ 1.45 (I measured about 1.33)

It increases as the focus ring is turned to a max of about 1.7x - I just measured it!.

Dave

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, macro, magnification, pentax lens, raynox, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: FREE Camera Bag (calculate your shipping cost) (Worldwide) Ubuntu_user Sold Items 5 01-06-2011 12:22 PM
Magnification Question: Reversed 50mm vs. Raynox 250 twokatmew Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 2 07-18-2010 04:15 PM
Misc Did you know you can rate each picture pcarfan Post Your Photos! 7 06-18-2010 08:12 AM
Magnification test: Raynox 150 w/ Tamron 70-300mm Arrvon Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 0 10-24-2009 03:54 PM
K2 Going Rate? deadwolfbones Pentax Film SLR Discussion 10 07-16-2009 07:47 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top