Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2007, 06:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
She's a short hair Border Collie ... way too much energy ... I caught her while she was having a short rest between chasing birds.

I am on acreage ... so she has a decent amount of room to run around all day.

Not long before we were offered to take this dog (she was in a small backyard previously) ... my wife had a 3 year old Jack Russel (smooth coat) ... but he managed to get out and got hit by a car and survived ... but we had to put him down due to extensive injuries. Was hard to deal with losing a loved pet.
I'm very sorry to hear about that, it is very hard indeed.

I love dogs with energy, they can get you excited, too. I think they give you some of their leftover energy. I'm glad to know it has a very happy home!!

10-11-2007, 06:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots! Beautiful dog btw, I had a smooth coat Jack Russell before Spike. Bandit was an awesome dog, the smartest dog I've ever had and I've had dogs all my life. I feel your pain over your Russell, I had to put Bandit down after a long life and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I still miss him.
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #18

Pentax 75~300 'J' lens

I used the same lens for shooting indoors at high school girls' volleyball games; I set it for RAW, get the white balance right and shoot at 400-800; I get some great images with this lens and the K10D. It has surprised me a lot and pleased me even more. I think that you'll learn to appreciate this lens over time. Keep at it!

FLASH
10-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well ... I was out with this lens over the weekend again ... at my niece's 1st B'day ... was a nice day ... and was out in the backyard at my Brother-in-Law's place ... I took about 200 photos on the day ... some average shots ... but I did get some nice fun/cute playful images.

Also got some bird life as well ... as the magpies were around as well. Had a great day with the camera ... and a good day with family all in one.

When i get a chance I'll post a few more shots up.

What I found difficult was shooting from bright to dark ... and shadow-casting was a bit of a pain too. The joys of photography ... but i kept shooting nonetheless.