Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
About this section and lens reviews

This forum is intended for discussion of Pentax 35mm and digital SLR lenses. Medium format lenses should be discussed in the medium format forum.

Edit: the Lens Review Database system is now operational at this URL: https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/. Enjoy! It contains a listing of all geniune Pentax lenses ever produced, and allows for user reviews. A database for third-party lenses is also available.

12-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Not to be pedantic, but the lovely Pentax lenses should be "smc Pentax-[series]" or "SMC Pentax-[series]" if we want to go by their official monikers. (I.e. the dash comes after Pentax, not before.)

And of course, this is a perfect place for a lens junkie like me.
12-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Not to be pedantic, but the lovely Pentax lenses should be "smc Pentax-[series]" or "SMC Pentax-[series]" if we want to go by their official monikers. (I.e. the dash comes after Pentax, not before.)

And of course, this is a perfect place for a lens junkie like me.
Fixed. I'm a perfectionist, too

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Now all we need are the reviews great section add on guys.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David

12-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #5
Forum Member

Would this be a good place to post links to comprehensive reviews on other sites?

I'm thinking about the Imaging Resource and DPR reviews of the K100D.
12-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
No; I'll have a dedicated links directory set up later this month. Also, we'll actually be writing our own K10D review for the homepage

This forum is only for user-submitted reviews (but of any size).

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-16-2006, 04:15 AM   #7

Anyone here have a review of the M85/f2 ???

12-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The closest I can come is the screwmount 85mm F1.9- I can tell you it's a great lens. A full review may be coming later

On a separate note, let's get this section filled up, guys!

Adam

10-20-2007, 04:46 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Please read this if you're planning to review some equipment.

Edit: You can still post lens review threads, but know that the complete reviews system is now operational at this URL: https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/

Note: You may review any Pentax Camera, Pentax-compatible accessory, or Pentax-fitting lens. Nothing else is allowed in here. The reviews don't have to be comprehensive or perfect; the goal here is to provide users with a database of quick opinions on everything Pentax

The only thing I ask is that you entitle all your threads using the format below (print this post as a reference):

For accessories- "Review: [Name of Accessory]"
For SMC-P lenses- "Review: SMC Pentax-[Series] [Focal Length] [Aperture] [Special Features (ED, AL, IF, Reflex, Limited, etc.)]"
For other lenses- "Review: [Lens Brand] [Series (if applicable)] [Focal Length] [Aperture] [Special Features]"
For cameras: "Review: Pentax [Camera Name], [end with either either DSLR, SLR, or P&S]"

Although not required, I'd appreciate if you include these with your reviews:
-A photo of the camera/lens/accessory
-Technical specs
-A rating (out of 5)

Enjoy, and thanks for your contributions! Also, remember to keep an eye on the news forum as I'll be adding a formal review section to the site soon
Hi Mo: one of the most attractive and easiest to use forums I've seen (although Flash downloads of the Pentaxian using dial-up are dishearteningly slow).

** Wish to post review of DA 12-24mm F4 zoom -- followed your thread above, which led to the "Lens Reviews Database" -- but couldn't locate a 'submit review' button. The DB appears to be archival search only??

Thanks ... if you could, please reply to <dejong@nuvox.net> Thanks, and appreciate effort put into this forum. -Rudy-

IOW,
11-01-2007, 07:39 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mo

In looking today at a question in the lens forum, it prompted me to look at the lens review.

We are woefully short on specifications for the lenses.

How can we build up these?

for example on the takumar 300mm F/4.0 all we have is the weight of the lens for each series.

What about minimum focusing distance, filter/accessory diameter, number of elements & groups, maximum and minimum length, tripod mount included Y/N coatings etc.....

I know we are developing some data like this for non Pentax lenses, it would be great if this could be there for all the pentax ones as well

see the attached link

http://www.jcolwell.ca/_SPLOSdb/SPLOSdb-2004-09-31.pdf

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 11-01-2007 at 08:11 AM.
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Mo

In looking today at a question in the lens forum, it prompted me to look at the lens review.

We are woefully short on specifications for the lenses.

How can we build up these?

for example on the takumar 300mm F/4.0 all we have is the weight of the lens for each series.

What about minimum focusing distance, filter/accessory diameter, number of elements & groups, maximum and minimum length, tripod mount included Y/N coatings etc.....

I know we are developing some data like this for non Pentax lenses, it would be great if this could be there for all the pentax ones as well

see the attached link

http://www.jcolwell.ca/_SPLOSdb/SPLOSdb-2004-09-31.pdf
Perhaps we can coordinate with Bojidar Dimitrov for such information, if he's willing to share. His site is pretty comprehensive with technical specifications.
03-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Now all we need are the reviews great section add on guys.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David
good point !
I see there is no listing and reviews for the Takumar 135mm f3.5 preset.
maybe I can attempt one
Pete