Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Lens Sales

Hi All -thinking of picking up a lens from the DA* line. Either the 300 f4 or the big zoom. Expensive.
Does Pentax have sales or rebates and if so what time of the year?
I watch Henries and Vistek and they never seem to be on sale.

TIA for any and all replies.

John

01-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Check out eBay sellers prodigital2000 & 123easyship for good deals (same dealer actually) or B&H. But to be honest, DA* is no deal at any price, to me anyway.
01-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you're lucky Henry's might put the lenses you are looking for on sale twice a year, if that. Vistek barely supports Pentax at all from the few times I've dealt with their retail stores.

Downtown Camera and Aden Camera in Toronto often have slightly lower prices than Henry's. Many of the dealers will price match other Canadian retailers if you can find one with a better price.
01-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #4

Photoprice can be pretty handy to see/track the current prices of lenses and cameras, although some of the pentax options only have couple of retailers listed.

Lenses by Pentax - Canadian and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

01-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by uptheriver Quote
Hi All -thinking of picking up a lens from the DA* line. Either the 300 f4 or the big zoom. Expensive.
Does Pentax have sales or rebates and if so what time of the year?
I watch Henries and Vistek and they never seem to be on sale.

TIA for any and all replies.

John
Last year they had a rebate from January 28th to March 31st, so maybe wait a couple days just in case! But it was only $150 off the two lenses you're looking at. The cheaper DA and DA* lenses were $50 and $100 off, which made those a better deal.

Aden Camera in Toronto usually has the best prices. Henry's will also price match them. Are you in Toronto?

Better to buy from Adorama or B&H in the States--you'll still have to pay taxes, but it'll save you a lot on the DA*60-250 especially. There's only a 1 year warranty when you buy from the States, but the price difference is huge.
01-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just picked up a Sigma 120-400 which was $200 off, but, they had 11 left of the old non OS lenses so it's not really a sale , it's a clear out. Boxing week almost everything in the store is $30 off, but that in negligible compared to the cost of those lenses. Buy the way, with the $200 off at Henrys, that lens was about the same price as the B&H regular price.

I don't shop on the US side, I like having Camera Stores in Canada. After seeing Toronto Camera and so many great Canadian camera resellers go down in flames, I pretty much picked Henrys as my guys and stick with them. Even before the death of Toronto Camera and so many of the others, Henry's was one of my favorites.

Their policy of buying and making available used glass and cameras, and they have always had piles of it, sold with a 6 month warranty has always made them popular with me. I remember being a photography student at Ryerson and making the short hop over to their main store during lunch, to check out the new used glass arrivals. For those of us who were part of the photography program at Ryerson, it was part of the experience. Always hoping for one of those 5x7 press type cameras with the front tilt to come available at a price a student could afford. (Never happened.)

Ah, but I digress, is this not being able to stay on topic a part of old age?