Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pentax lens to micro 4/3 adapter?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Has anyone had any experence with using an adapter with the pentax lens and attaching it to a 4/3 system.

I ran into a guy a few days ago that was shooting an old 500mm f4.5 nikon lens with an adaptor and a Lumix camera body. I chatted with him for a few minutes. It works very good. The live view for Manual autofocus was very good with a 10x increase for focusing. Of course slow compared to AF for sports. but ok..

01-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use an Olympus E-PL1 with Pentax K adapter. Works fine as long as you don't mind manual focusing and stop down metering. The m4/3 thirds are like the borg. They can assimilate virtually every lens with an adapter.

Unlike the 4/3-Pentax K adapter, there is no chance of the Olympus body electrical contacts running into the Pentax lens aperture coupling lever or guard. My Pentax DFA100 macro did this and it chewed a piece out of the plastic guard. Wasn't vey happy.

Also use the OM adapter. The Pen with optional external evf fosuses well. Got as many eagle shots with it as Olympus E30 (both focused manually).

thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #37 in compact camera forum. Enter #38. Any brand camera. Enter now!
01-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

They work great. I used a couple for quite awhile but briefly sold all my m4/3 gear. 2 weeks ago when the super cheap GH1/lens deal (check the off-brand sub-forum) came up I bought one, and got it yesterday. I also ordered this adapter on ebay. Paid $2 for faster shipping and it only took a week!

The adapter is a nice build, and also has a small rod mechanism to control the aperture on DA lenses (or any others without an aperture ring). Last year I paid almost $60 for one that was cheaper build that did the same thing, so the one above was a steal.

The adapted lenses can be used in either A mode (camera will set shutter/iso speed) or full manual. As was noted above, focus is pretty easy, especially with the MF assist zoom.
01-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Exactly what i wanted to know. Thanks for the info. I think I am going to try one.
Link, very helpful, Pxpaulx

A new toy

01-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have that same adapter and it works wonderfully for me.