Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #1

Do all Pentax lenses fit the K 7 without any kind of adapter ?

I am getting a K 7 and am new to photography ( reletively speaking ).I see all kinds of Pentax Lenses out there for sale. I see the terms K-mount,screw in ,Etc. Will they all fit the K 7 or will some need some kind of adapter ?Advice on what would be Basic mandatory lenses would be apprieciated.I would be doing quite a bit of outdoor photagraphy.. Thanks for your time in reading this.

01-26-2011, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
k mount will require no adapter
m42 "screw mount" requires an adapter
lots of the older lenses require manual focus and often some extra button presses on the camera to meter correctly
01-26-2011, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All K mount lenses will fit with a few exceptions that I am sure others can elaborate on. Any Pentax branded K mount lens will fit. Screw mount, or m42, will require an adapter. Hope this helps.
01-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Steve,Will try to work off this list.Will try to get what I can in Weather Resistant.

01-26-2011, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This page has a list of all Pentax lenses out there: Pentax Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database

Lenses in:
The first two categories (aka most of them) require no adapter (K-mount lenses and teleconverters).
The third category requires an m42 adapter (Takumar lenses)
The fourth category require an m37 adapter, but these lenses aren't very common or useful
The fifth and sixth categories require a 645-to-K adapter
The seventh and eighth categories require a 67-to-K adapter
The ninth and tenth (auto 110) look like toys cannot be mounted

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adk X Quote
Thanks Steve,Will try to work off this list.Will try to get what I can in Weather Resistant.
Here's a list of weather-sealed lenses, for convenience:
WR Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
DA* Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

If you aquire any M42 thread mount lenses, I would suggest to use the genuine Pentax M42 to K mount adapter. Some cheapo off brands are poorly made and have a differant sensor to lens mount demension which can limit focus range.

Pentax Mount Adapter K (M Screwmount to Bayonet) Lens Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database