Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Anticipation!

Here's my excitement ---->

So I'm waiting on a lens I just purchased. It's the Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 LD. I got it pretty cheap on eBay, and I figured why not? As a college student I have to be picky about lenses I buy.

I just checked the status of the shipping and it is arriving at my dorm tomorrow! Which is awesome because I have a 3 day weekend coming up, but I'm sure tomorrow and Thursday I'll get some shots in with it.

So assuming that everything goes to plan with the shipping I should have some first shots for you tomorrow!

I realize this isn't the most exciting lens in the world, but it's my second lens, so it's still really exciting for me and it's not what's attached to the camera on the front; but on the back that makes the biggest difference and I still have a lot to learn. So hopefully this is a good learning lens and it looks like it is very capable of being a decent lens once stopped down a bit as well.

10-09-2007, 08:01 AM   #2
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Buschmaster Quote
Here's my excitement ---->

So I'm waiting on a lens I just purchased. It's the Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 LD. I got it pretty cheap on eBay, and I figured why not? As a college student I have to be picky about lenses I buy.

I just checked the status of the shipping and it is arriving at my dorm tomorrow! Which is awesome because I have a 3 day weekend coming up, but I'm sure tomorrow and Thursday I'll get some shots in with it.

So assuming that everything goes to plan with the shipping I should have some first shots for you tomorrow!

I realize this isn't the most exciting lens in the world, but it's my second lens, so it's still really exciting for me and it's not what's attached to the camera on the front; but on the back that makes the biggest difference and I still have a lot to learn. So hopefully this is a good learning lens and it looks like it is very capable of being a decent lens once stopped down a bit as well.
Congratulations, it is an excellent lens and, at least the one I have, it is also good without having to stop it down. Hope to see your pics
10-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
Congratulations, it is an excellent lens and, at least the one I have, it is also good without having to stop it down. Hope to see your pics
Good! I'm glad to hear it's a nice lens!

Now I'm more excited, yet...
10-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The worst part is I got an email saying it was delivered and I have class for another 2 hours before I can go play with it!

Anticipation just got 100x worse!!!!

10-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Have fun with your new lens and good luck with it.
10-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Always good fun playing with a new lens ... I have been so busy with work recently ... I just haven't had the time to even get the camera out.

Although I have it at work with me tonight (shiftwork) ... so when i get a chance i am going to go for a wander outside with the tripod and see what i can capture.
10-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Enjoy your new lens! I went with the Sigma version...but it was a toss up between the two. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. Lets see some pictures!
10-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I really want to post some of my pictures. But my cable isnt with me in the dorms, but i might be able to figure out another way. Worst case scenario i get them posted tomorrow!