Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
?? about getting a new lens????

so i am looking at the Pentax SMCP-DA 35mm f/2.4 AL and i was wondering about this lens. I have a k100d and i was looking at this lens because i need some thing that will work in low light and not be that high of a price so i found this lens and thought i would give it a go, but i wanted to see what other's think on this matter and if they own one can let me in on how well it works and is it worth it or not thanks for all your input larry

01-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This lens looks very good on reviews. I like the normal focal length, but I have a Pentax FA 35mm, so I don't need it. If I didn't already own the FA, I'd buy one.
01-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #3

there are TONS of reviews and threads on this lens in this forum so i recommend searching for those.

however, with a K100D (which I had for a long time), you have to keep in mind that high ISO performance is not great so if you want a lens to use in low light f2.4 might not be fast enough.

if you like the 50mm FOV then i recommend looking into an F or FA 1.4 or 1.7 as those frequently come up in the marketplace on this forum and can be quite affordable.
01-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've not yet tried the 35mm f2.4 on my K100D yet, but I like the colors the pictures I take with my K20D and K200D. Maybe this weekend i'll put it in the 100 and see how it likes snow pictures.