Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA 35mm Macro pricing question in review

Just read through the review of the DA 35mm f2.8 Macro from the people here at Pentaxforum. Great review overall, except I'm not too sure about their suggested street price for a used version of this lens. I have never seen this for sale for less than $425.00 and that's extremely rare, usually it's about $450ish. Where have anyone seen this go for $350?! That's an insane discount for this lens!

01-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Moving this to the lens forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The mean $ is $462 which is right where you said it is so do not expect $350 to be the norm. Most of the sub $400 deals were from 2009 and before and prices can fluctuate often. Just like with and goods, there is always a great deal out there it's just sometimes very hard to find.
01-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The current makret price of a used DA35/macro is much higher than $350; it's somewhere between $425 and 450 for an excellent condition used copy.

In addition, the new price is the same at both BH and Adorama ($540), in contradiction to what is written in the beginning of the review (and posted on the front homepage).

01-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle_Friends Quote
Just read through the review of the DA 35mm f2.8 Macro from the people here at Pentaxforum. Great review overall, except I'm not too sure about their suggested street price for a used version of this lens. I have never seen this for sale for less than $425.00 and that's extremely rare, usually it's about $450ish. Where have anyone seen this go for $350?! That's an insane discount for this lens!
That depends on when you started looking. I paid $360 out of pocket for mine, New. In November 2008. It was my first purchase experience from ProDigital2000. The MS (Bing) cashback rebate of the time brought the cost down even further. I've seen a couple used ones offered in the last 6 months around that price but you are correct. These days, that is rare and you have to be on top of things if you want one for that price.

01-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
That depends on when you started looking. I paid $360 out of pocket for mine, New. In November 2008. It was my first purchase experience from ProDigital2000. The MS (Bing) cashback rebate of the time brought the cost down even further. I've seen a couple used ones offered in the last 6 months around that price but you are correct. These days, that is rare and you have to be on top of things if you want one for that price.

Prodigital 2000 between 2007 and the beginning of 2009 had some amazing deals for US Pentaxians. The dollar was weak and Pentax hadn't raised prices in Canada for a long time. At that point, you could get the DA 35 limited for 350, I got a DA *16-50 for just a hair under 600 dollars.

Anyway, since that time, the US dollar has weakened considerably and prices have gone up world wide. So much for rock bottom prices...
01-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Prodigital 2000 between 2007 and the beginning of 2009 had some amazing deals for US Pentaxians. The dollar was weak and Pentax hadn't raised prices in Canada for a long time. At that point, you could get the DA 35 limited for 350, I got a DA *16-50 for just a hair under 600 dollars.

Anyway, since that time, the US dollar has weakened considerably and prices have gone up world wide. So much for rock bottom prices...
They still offer some decent deals from time to time but you are correct. The current economy is screwing with my LBA big time or perhaps it is curing it..... (Nahhh!). The True bargains aren't there right now, at least not for Us.

01-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Maybe the article should be re-edit to reflect the current used price trend and of course the adorama price mistake.