Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Yeah, I may dump some unwanted gear that way. Meanwhile there are various things to be done with CC (color correction) filters. Besides using them for target practice with your .22 pistol, of course. Most notably, the 80A and 80B and similar blue and blue-violet filters can emulate in B&W what pre-1885 emulsions saw as visible light. 'Actinic' light is the term (UV-violet-blue). Anyone with CC filter laying around should see what they do to B&W tonalities.
I'm never completely rid of them so it's something I can try sometime. I just have a box that when an outfit comes in, I toss the filters in. I've gone and sorted many of them many times trying to decide which to keep. Bottom line is I hate even screwing around with them and nobody wants to buy them so I pass them along, as a 'bonus'. Sometimes I'll fill a flat rate box with Stuff, and auction off a mystery box. I will show a picture of the stuff but won't go very far in describing the actual contents (beyond filters, flashes, camera parts, etc). If I get enough to cover the gas money to take it to the post office, I'm happy.

02-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hahaha

Cam of worms!!!

I tried to estimate the weight of whats in the picture and at best with a lot of good will i can get it to 9 kg.
That means i might get 3,5 kg blue glass if your guess is correct

The seller told ne that the gear was from his father who was a photographer.
I think you are all right. Hes probably dumping it all inbut i do think it might be more then filters and caps. Lol . Unpacking this lot, if i ever actually get it, will be worth documenting for you all.
02-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just an update.

Earlier today i got DBSchenker to confirm that they will deliver a 13kg package to me on Monday.
So.
Im getting it and it is for real I am very very glad!

I will take pictures of the unwrapping so you can see what the box actually contained
02-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #34
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aliasant Quote
Just an update.

Earlier today i got DBSchenker to confirm that they will deliver a 13kg package to me on Monday.
So.
Im getting it and it is for real I am very very glad!

I will take pictures of the unwrapping so you can see what the box actually contained
im very interested to see the ME F! i hope everything arrives soon.

02-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Got the package yesterday and it was a little bit of an anti-climax.
The wasnt really anything extra apart from what was in the picture so aparently that all weighs 12.5kilo minus the box I guess.
Most of it was also in pretty bad shape but not everything.

The old one was a Meister Korelle and I think it is a 6x6 frame?
Its a huge hole anyways and everything seems to be in working order.
The lens is a CZ 8cm f2.8 Jena Tessar and it too seems to be in good condition but the whole camera needs some cleaning and the leather might do with a replace unless that patina is desired
Its made in Dresden, Germany but I have no clue when.

I took some shots of it so you can have a look at it.
I will sell it but Im not sure were or how as of yet.

The Pentax MEF is used but seems to be working. I have not had time to check the batteries yet but its pretty much dead right now. Dont even know how to change them yet but theres a good manual so i guess I need to read thru it. The 35-70 f2.8 lens looks ok too and I did place new batteries in it but I dont think I can get the AF running whithout batteries in the camera or?

One of the germans was, as I thought, a 135mm f3.5 AusJena ( Sonnar) but the focusing is completely stuck so I will have to take that one apart and hopefully I can rescue it. The other zebra was an old battered Schneider-Kreutznach 50mm f1.9 and Im hoping that I can fix that one up. That will be a great lens after some cleaning and relubing.

The Sigma lens is also very fascinating. It loks like crap in the front. I think there is some fungus that needs to be cleaned and also 1 fairly big scratch on the front element BUT. It takes incredibly sharp pictures even wide open. Definetly the sharpest I have ever tested. Mechanically it seems to work perfectly.

There was also a Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 and an ugly Minolta/Rokkor 50mm f1.7.

The Bellows was actually very nice and will be my new bellow since its leighter and more sturdy compared to my older Pentax M42 bellows.

There were 1 Schneider-Companon 105mm f4.5 but it was not in the best shape. Also another quite intruiging and heavy lens: 6 in Xpres 1:4.5 Ross, London.
Its glass looks scratch free but with a small amount of hopefully cleanable fungus inside. Might be fun for a homemade bellows lens?
It has 18 or so blades and a built in focusing mechanism.
I olilke little things like that. Never know when they can be used and often they can produce some interesting images.

Thats about it I guess.

Last edited by aliasant; 02-19-2013 at 10:21 AM.
02-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #36
Banned

The Pentax MEF is used but seems to be working. I have not had time to check the batteries yet but its pretty much dead right now. Dont even know how to change them yet but theres a good manual so i guess I need to read thru it. The 35-70 f2.8 lens looks ok too and I did place new batteries in it but I dont think I can get the AF running whithout batteries in the camera or?

your assumption is correct, the lens will not auto-focus unless the camera is powered on ie: batteries installed and working, and both the lens is turned on and the ‘Electro Focus Selector’ is set to ~2.8. also as a side note, always make sure to turn everything off when not in use, there are so many switches and buttons.. especially the ‘Audio Focus Switch’ ie: confirmation beep. because the darn thing will drain batteries so fast you just wont believe. cant wait to see some photos of it. sorry the unboxing was an anti-climax though.
02-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
what a package that is! I hope that combo works properly, if so im very jealous.
seamuis....will that lens work on a dslr? i have the that combo too (with the box and manual) but i thought the AF will only work with the MEF body.

02-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #38
Inactive Account

Definitely a 6x6. Focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/1000. Actually that's quite unusual in my experience for a top speed on a medium format camera of its time. Is it a 120 or is it a 620 (film spool type)?

02-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #39
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Deiberson Quote
seamuis....will that lens work on a dslr? i have the that combo too (with the box and manual) but i thought the AF will only work with the MEF body.
yes, the auto focus will only work on the ME F. however, the lens will mount and is useable on any pentax SLR or digital SLR with manual focus and manual exposure. its a pretty sharp lens overall and being a constant 2.8 zoom, its good for the smaller digital SLR viewfinder. however, manual focus is a bit strange because it doesn’t use a standard focusing helicoid and the focus ring is only the very small extending piece in the front. (polarizers are a no-go as it has a rotating front element). Ive never tested how it performs on a digital sensor though, so I cant comment on its performance overall on your digital SLR.
02-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #40
Veteran Member

That MF Meister-Korelle is a real beauty! Probably 120 film. The CZJ Tessar 80/2.8 is a good lens -- I scavenged one from a folder and use it on bellows. Hmmm, one reference says it's M42. Also says the camera is a collectors' item worth hundreds of bucks. A nice find there!
02-09-2011, 02:27 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
That MF Meister-Korelle is a real beauty! Probably 120 film. The CZJ Tessar 80/2.8 is a good lens -- I scavenged one from a folder and use it on bellows. Hmmm, one reference says it's M42. Also says the camera is a collectors' item worth hundreds of bucks. A nice find there!
I agree. Shes a beauty but without shame I have been thinking about doing what you did. Scavenge the lens. Was yours not the m42?

What did you think about the lens? Does it work well on a bellows?
02-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I did have a closer look at that 8.0cm f2.8 Tessar and its not M42 and not M39 but perhaps M40'ish? Tigher threads too.
I did also test it with a bellows and it works but I cant really say its astonishing in any way.

It was quite sharp on infinity though I had to add about 28mm between the K5 and the lens to reach infinity.
02-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Shes a beauty but without shame I have been thinking about doing what you did. Scavenge the lens. Was yours not the m42?
Mine has a 33mm mount thread via its Prontor shutter. Lens serial # 5328671 -- does anyone have a catalog of Zeiss numbers? Maybe I should gargle that, see if I can establish its provenance and original host.

QuoteQuote:
What did you think about the lens? Does it work well on a bellows?
Depends on what you mean by 'well'. It is not an enlarger lens with flatfield edge-to-edge sharpness, so it doesn't produce astonishing macros. Hey, it's just another Tessar, eh? I use mine for general non-macro photography, especially if I want a 'period' feel, especially in B&W with Blue filtration for the "actinic light" look. Is it any threat to an SMC-Tak 85/1.8? Nope. But I like mine anyway.