Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I like the rangefinder to the right of the bellows.

It looks like the type with the collapsible bellows. What do they call that again? I recently did some research on a camera like this for a friend, but I forget the category.

01-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #17
Inactive Account

I don't think that's a rangefinder. I think it's a waist level view type 6x6 or 645 folder of some sort. The viewing hood is shown in the fold down position.

01-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

your right Jeff, I was looking at one like this a while back but can't remember the brand for the life of me
01-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #19
Veteran Member

That MF looks to me like x 6x6 with waist-level viewer -- fixed-body, not a folder, or how would the hold fold down like that? I enlarged and sharpened the first shot as much as possible, not good enough to get any real detail. The name is either long or is two words, probably NOT Manimex Praktica! Yes, I'm interested.

01-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I thought it might be a practiflex possibly as well which is 35mm not 6x6 even the Asahiflex looks a little like that

Could also be a miranda they had a few with waist level finders

edit looked around and found nothing just like it
some people are worse than you rico look at this guys collection (or part of it)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspiredphotosdotcom/sets/72157615042413764/?page=4

Last edited by eddie1960; 01-31-2011 at 01:20 PM.
01-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #21
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aliasant Quote
Thank you séamuis!

I have not used film since I was a kid so this wont be anything that I can use
If its in working order Ill see if I cant sell it to someone that can take care of it.

I hope i get the package before the weekend but nothing is for granted.
Right now im having fun with the flu. Probably the porky version too so I feel kind of shitty.... Nice to have something to dream about when the fever aint turning everything into repetetive nightmares....

I still really want to know what the germans might be. The camera and lens to the right in the picture looks very intruiging.
The Camera almost looks like it could be some kind of Pentax but what the heck is that lens?
I will be very interested in being that person if the price is right. let me know what you would like to do with it mate.
01-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
some people are worse than you rico look at this guys collection (or part of it)
Vintage Cameras - My collection - a set on Flickr
Oh, I'm nowhere near there and likely never will be. Not unless my next inheritance is substantial... I only have ~40 cameras now and ~10 will be up for sale. There are a few more I'd desire, but they're beyond my negligible budget now.

It's not that I'm not *willing* to have that sort of accumulation, I just don't have the room for them. Yeah yeah, I know, it's like the Kaiser Gravel slogan: FIND A HOLE AND FILL IT. Once I get rid of some Minolta stuff, there'll be a hole on my shelf, big enough for some more MF cams...

[/me looks startled as the spacemonger clears me out]

02-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

the more i look at that waist level finder model the more i think it's one of the exacta variants (there were a ton of them)
i would think if anyone would recognize it it would be Jussi (nesstar)
02-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #24
Inactive Account

It doesn't mean anything but I thought the same thing and looked for a similar one on ebay. Didn't find one. There's an MEF with the 28-70 on there now if somebody wants to see what someone is willing to pay for one. .

Pentax MEF 35mm Camera, Winder, AF Zoom 1:2.8, 35-70mm - eBay (item 180619766131 end time Feb-07-11 17:07:02 PST)

02-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanx Jeff.

Its the silver version and its seems its broken too but still very intersting. On my watchlist

Im still waiting for the package. My heart wont slow down until its safe in my apartment.
The seller said something about there being a lot more stuff that he hadnt put in that picture. He also said that the package weighs about 12,5 kg!?
That doesnt add up to the pictures so maybe he dropped in more stuff just to get rid of it? Or maybe this is some kind of scam? Pfeew. Only time will tell.
02-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Thanx Jeff.

Its the silver version and its seems its broken too but still very intersting. On my watchlist

Im still waiting for the package. My heart wont slow down until its safe in my apartment.
The seller said something about there being a lot more stuff that he hadnt put in that picture. He also said that the package weighs about 12,5 kg!?
That doesnt add up to the pictures so maybe he dropped in more stuff just to get rid of it? Or maybe this is some kind of scam? Pfeew. Only time will tell.

he's clearing his broken stuff (the unnamed) to save getting rid of it maybe. never know though you may find a gem or 2 amongst the trash.
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #27
Ira
Inactive Account

Wow--I opened a can of worms with that camera.
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #28
Ira
Inactive Account

In his closet, my British friend found a Yashicamat and, of more interest to me, a Certo Dolly Super Sport folder.

The bastard won't sell it, and it's just going to sit in his closet until he dies.

Something old like that, not 100% sure that his is Pre WWII, would inspire me to shoot off a few rolls. I also have an old Minolta Spotmeter, so that would help.
02-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #29
Inactive Account

Thanx Jeff.

I've been known to pack like - type items in a package, especially if I know there'll be enough to cover the shipping. The stuff is usually useless to most, certainly to me, and stuff I haven't been able to sell otherwise. It's never Garbage but.. Somebody once bought a camera and received the camera along with a bunch of color balancing filters for instance. A few people use them but I got tired of moving them around so that guy Got them, wanted or not. He thanked me, we moved on. Don't know what he ever did with them. I once sold a teleconverter to someone here. He'd been talking that he wanted to try a shoe mounted flash. When he got the box, there was one in there. I don't do that with everybody, most get exactly what they pay for though.

02-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Somebody once bought a camera and received the camera along with a bunch of color balancing filters for instance. A few people use them but I got tired of moving them around so that guy Got them, wanted or not.
Yeah, I may dump some unwanted gear that way. Meanwhile there are various things to be done with CC (color correction) filters. Besides using them for target practice with your .22 pistol, of course. Most notably, the 80A and 80B and similar blue and blue-violet filters can emulate in B&W what pre-1885 emulsions saw as visible light. 'Actinic' light is the term (UV-violet-blue). Anyone with CC filter laying around should see what they do to B&W tonalities.