Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HELP identifying lenses from lot.

I just bought this lot but I really would like to know what the heck I bought.

The 2 images below is everything I have and what interests me the most is the big white tele and the german next to the Pentax 35-70AF f2.8
Also the german on the right side would be fun to know.

Last edited by aliasant; 02-19-2013 at 10:21 AM.
01-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice looking lot! What do the lenses say on the front rim? Have a close up shot of them?
It would make it much easier to identify.

Tony
01-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
Nice looking lot! What do the lenses say on the front rim? Have a close up shot of them?
It would make it much easier to identify.

Tony
No closeups. This is all I have so the challenge is out there. Who can identify them quickest ( and accuratly of course )
01-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Banned

a black MEF AND the AF 35-70mm 2.8!? what a package that is! I hope that combo works properly, if so im very jealous.

01-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

The 'German' look like some Hanimex-Praktica with a Meyer Domiplan 50/2.8 lens (not highly regarded -- and might be badged as Pentacon or Hanimex). I can't tell what the other zebra lens is. I might be interested in that boxy 6x6 next to the bellows. Hey, an AF 35-70! Hot dog!
01-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
a black MEF AND the AF 35-70mm 2.8!? what a package that is! I hope that combo works properly, if so im very jealous.
Even the MEF box looks like new
Im guessing that combo is a nice collectors item ?
Wondering if the motor is for the MEF as well?

I think the white lens is a Sigma APO 50-200 zoom but im not sure.

Last edited by aliasant; 01-30-2011 at 12:53 PM.
01-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Probably a 135 f/2.8, although impossible for me to say. It has an M42 mount, at least.
01-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by aliasant Quote

Sounds like a reasonable guess..

Sigma APO 50-200 - Google Search

Are you Sure that's a Pentax camera that it is On?

Ebay lot? (don't worry, not interested in any of it).

01-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
The 'German' look like some Hanimex-Praktica with a Meyer Domiplan 50/2.8 lens (not highly regarded -- and might be badged as Pentacon or Hanimex). I can't tell what the other zebra lens is. I might be interested in that boxy 6x6 next to the bellows. Hey, an AF 35-70! Hot dog!
HotDog

Ill let you know what that camera is when I get it.
It does look like a nice one.
I have a Domiplan alreay and yes, its not a great lense but Im sure this is not a Domiplan. Looks different. Im holding my Domi in my hand and theres not much likeness except the size and style. Its probably a 50mm'ish lens though.
01-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Sounds like a reasonable guess..

Sigma APO 50-200 - Google Search

Are you Sure that's a Pentax camera that it is On?

Ebay lot? (don't worry, not interested in any of it).

Look at the first picture. Its pretty clear to me that its on a Pentax.
I have found some links to Sigma 50-200 but not much about one with 3.5-4-5. The only link I have found about this suspected lens is this and its not that encouraging : Sigma APO 50-200/f3.5-4.5 - Photo.net Accessories - Filters, Bags, Tripods Forum
01-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I did look at the pictures. If you can read Pentax on that blown out blurry photo I'll take your word for it. Assuming this is an online type sale, I would just write and ask. Odds are, in my experience, when we assume and guess, turns out to be the opposite.

01-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #12
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I did look at the pictures. If you can read Pentax on that blown out blurry photo I'll take your word for it. Assuming this is an online type sale, I would just write and ask. Odds are, in my experience, when we assume and guess, turns out to be the opposite.

Maybe its a monitor thing? I see it fairly clear. It is also the same model or a very similar model as the camera next to it, in the middle and that one has a crappy Sakar lens on it. I have that lens ( not by choice) and its truly the worst lens I have ever tried.

I bought this one 23 seconds after I first saw it and probably less then a minute after the guy posted the auction and no it was not on eBay but something similar
01-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I did notice that the center camera body (with the sakar on it) is missing the film advance lever. Doesn't really matter. You'll know shortly what all you bought, right? Have fun with it.

01-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aliasant Quote
Even the MEF box looks like new
Im guessing that combo is a nice collectors item ?
Wondering if the motor is for the MEF as well?

if the body and lens are fully functional, yes. yes it is. the MEF was an expensive camera when released. being Pentax's first AF system to the market and the first AF 35mm interchangable lens SLR. a black one is pretty rare. I wouldnt know the numbers made, but I know you dont see them often. the chrome bodied MEF's are far more common and it seems they were purchased quite a lot without the AF35-70 lens. so a working combo with black body isnt something you see very often. I have a working set with a chrome body (no box though!) and its a great camera. lots of fun, and the AF is actually pretty quick in good light. it eats up batteries though! the body takes 4 1.5v button cells and the lens takes 4 'AAA' alkelines! it makes a hefty combo when all loaded up but its well balanced. it looks like you got a great set there. enjoy it!

that looks to be a winder ME, not the more common winder ME II, but yes it will work on your ME F.

Last edited by séamuis; 01-30-2011 at 05:12 PM.
01-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #15
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
if the body and lens are fully functional, yes. yes it is. the MEF was an expensive camera when released. being Pentax's first AF system to the market and the first AF 35mm interchangable lens SLR. a black one is pretty rare. I wouldnt know the numbers made, but I know you dont see them often. the chrome bodied MEF's are far more common and it seems they were purchased quite a lot without the AF35-70 lens. so a working combo with black body isnt something you see very often. I have a working set with a chrome body (no box though!) and its a great camera. lots of fun, and the AF is actually pretty quick in good light. it eats up batteries though! the body takes 4 1.5v button cells and the lens takes 4 'AAA' alkelines! it makes a hefty combo when all loaded up but its well balanced. it looks like you got a great set there. enjoy it!

that looks to be a winder ME, not the more common winder ME II, but yes it will work on your ME F.

Thank you séamuis!

I have not used film since I was a kid so this wont be anything that I can use
If its in working order Ill see if I cant sell it to someone that can take care of it.

I hope i get the package before the weekend but nothing is for granted.
Right now im having fun with the flu. Probably the porky version too so I feel kind of shitty.... Nice to have something to dream about when the fever aint turning everything into repetetive nightmares....

I still really want to know what the germans might be. The camera and lens to the right in the picture looks very intruiging.
The Camera almost looks like it could be some kind of Pentax but what the heck is that lens?