Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #61
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I don't know the Sigma 20/1.8. I have a Sigma 28/1.8 EX MACRO which is a great lens (sharp, smooth bokeh, not quite macro but very good "close focusing"). On APS-C it is a true "normal" lens (focal length = sensor diagonal).

I wouldn't get rid off the FA 50/1.4 too quickly, unless you don't really use it. I think it has some of the FA limited genes and can yield great portraits if you shoot at and above f/2.8. I came to form the opinion that it has at least a tiny bit of "pixie dust".
Thanks for the advice Class A. The Sigma 20mm has a slight malfunction where I have to shoot using the aperture ring (I get F--- on the display), so I may have to keep it given the resale would be a fraction of what I paid. It is a fairly useful focal distanceat times.

As for the FA 50/1.4 I use it occasionaly although I find it doesn't hold a candle to the 43mm which has a similar focal distance. The extra stop or so can be useful as well as the shallow DOF.

I'm tempted to keep both but I obviously need some funds for the 31 limited.

02-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #62
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I think that sounds like a good plan. I never warmed up to that Sigma 20 1.8, and on aps-c I think you'll find the FA 31ltd more useful than the FA 50 for a lot of applications. Plus, then you'll own all three FA Limiteds, something most Nikonians who know a bit about photography will secretly envy you for.

There's something about owning all three that is appealing.
02-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #63
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by heasley Quote
It's plain mean spirited to post a comment in someone's thread telling them they're a troll and their well meant question is insulting.
Nobody called you a troll, but you were all too ready to call another one impolite or to agree they are rude, not useful, childish, sarcastic, pointless and engaging in fanboy cr*p. But if you want to play a victim, no one can prevent you - knock yourself out. Looks like you have a few people willing to believe you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Of course "troll" has a negative connotation. The only case where it is not an insult is when it is an accurate description.
I meant to say "it's not -just- an insult". Knowing what a troll is may help one avoid being perceived as such.

And as a reminder, the first answer did not mention troll, nor it was impolite. It didn't qualify heasley's question in any way. Follow the thread again - the first inflammatory remarks come from pentup, and heasley is only too happy to accept pentup's support. Then Abstract adds his own critical opinion and later heasley starts declaring himself a victim of impoliteness - nobody qualified heasley's behavior in any way at that point!

Anyway, I said what I had to say.
02-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #64
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Nobody called you a troll, but you were all too ready to call another one impolite or to agree they are rude, not useful, childish, sarcastic, pointless and engaging in fanboy cr*p. But if you want to play a victim, no one can prevent you - knock yourself out. Looks like you have a few people willing to believe you.
I didn't say most of the things you are accusing me of saying.

I'm not playing the victim nor do I think I'm one.

This thread has been a success in terms of helping me to decide to stay with Pentax. Hopefully it might have been helpful to someone else in the community with a similar question.

02-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote

I meant to say "it's not -just- an insult". Knowing what a troll is may help one avoid being perceived as such.

And as a reminder, the first answer did not mention troll, nor it was impolite. It didn't qualify heasley's question in any way. Follow the thread again - the first inflammatory remarks come from pentup, and heasley is only too happy to accept pentup's support. Then Abstract adds his own critical opinion and later heasley starts declaring himself a victim of impoliteness - nobody qualified heasley's behavior in any way at that point!

Anyway, I said what I had to say.
Completely agree with you.

Telling someone else here that "I've got some advice for you" just makes you sound bad. Seriously? That was also some of the worst "advice" I've ever heard of. How I perceived your statement was that if you don't agree with someone else's point of view, please refrain yourself from disagreeing with them. Have a Pros and Cons list but never list any Cons. This is a forum last time I check, and this is the best place to express one's opinion. Telling someone to not say anything because it may seem negative to some even though it could be a valid point to others is just idiotic.

Last edited by Eagle_Friends; 02-06-2011 at 01:05 AM.
02-06-2011, 03:27 AM   #66
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle_Friends Quote
Completely agree with you.

Telling someone else here that "I've got some advice for you" just makes you sound bad. Seriously? That was also some of the worst "advice" I've ever heard of. How I perceived your statement was that if you don't agree with someone else's point of view, please refrain yourself from disagreeing with them. Have a Pros and Cons list but never list any Cons. This is a forum last time I check, and this is the best place to express one's opinion. Telling someone to not say anything because it may seem negative to some even though it could be a valid point to others is just idiotic.
This will be my last post on the topic because its getting tiresome.

The point is I started a thread in order a genuine question. You decided to make out my question was pointless and it was later insinuated I was a troll for even asking the question. If you question the very basis of a question its probably just easier to ignore it. Everyone will be happier.

You don't enter someone's thread and post words to the effect of 'your question is stupid that is all'.

Last edited by heasley; 02-06-2011 at 03:36 AM.
02-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by heasley Quote
This will be my last post on the topic because its getting tiresome.

The point is I started a thread in order a genuine question. You decided to make out my question was pointless and it was later insinuated I was a troll for even asking the question. If you question the very basis of a question its probably just easier to ignore it. Everyone will be happier.

You don't enter someone's thread and post words to the effect of 'your question is stupid that is all'.
First of all, never said you were a troll.

Second of all, never said your topic was stupid.

Third of all, my original posts were quite genuine and serious.

My intent was just to say that if you second guess your choice of company base on prices, why not move to nikon and just be happy there. That's all.

I didn't expect some of you, *heasly, cough* would assume that I was being mean spirited and sarcastic. Like sjwaldron pointed out in the beginning of this thread " It's also funny how some people post in brand specific forums and expect lavish and loving responses." Just because I didn't give you a lavish and loving response does not make me rude. Then you keep going on and on about how you only want polite answers and your terribly failed attempt at "giving advice" just rubbed me the wrong way. At this point, you would go ahead and say thanks to everyone who made a contribution to this thread base on your liking so you won't look like the bad guy.

At first, I really thought I was being a little unfair to you, so I asked my girl friend and another friend to read through this entire thread. Base on what they read, they straight out told me you sound like you were playing the victim. And this was before Laurentiu posted his last post here. This is my last post here too. I hope you realize now that this is a forum, and opinions from all reaches of the Pentax universe can be displayed here. And just because some of them may not be lavish and loving, it shouldn't make them any less sincere if they have a valid point.

Gonna go and enjoy my DA 15mm now

02-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #68
Veteran Member

This thread has worn out it usefulness, and deteriorated a little.
Hence is being closed forthwith.
Closed Thread