Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Anyone Looking for a DA* 16-50?

Hi all,

After a very long delay, my dealer called today and told me that my DA* lenses are in and should be on the way to me in a day or so. Yippeeee!

Anyway, they also told me that for some odd reason, Pentax shipped them two sets when they only ordered one set. A friend took the 50-135, but they still have a 16-50 at a pretty good price.

If you want one, you can contact Andy or Colleen McGaw at Caymancamera@Caymancamera.net and they will ship it to you for $705 plus shipping and insurance. The products come out of Pentax Colorado and I have had no problem with rebates or even a repair (K10D) on Pentax items purchased from them.

I buy a lot of (N*kon) lenses through them at work and have had great service and great Pentax prices from them on my personal purchases. I have no other affiliation or financial interest in Cayman Camera or anything they sell other than the money I save on my gear with them.

I hope I am not breaking any rules here, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up as the 16-50 has been in such short supply for so long now and this is a great price.

Contact me if you need to know anything more.

Ray

10-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Best price I've seen yet. This one won't last.
10-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
Todd K.

Got it!

Well, I snagged it this afternoon.
Thanks for the heads up!
10-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Todd K. Quote
Well, I snagged it this afternoon.
Thanks for the heads up!

No problem.

I spoke with Andy again today, and I am pretty sure that Cayman would sell more at that price, but I do not know how long the wait might be. Maybe the supply is picking up a bit and maybe the delays have been to correct some of the early issues with the 16-50, which, if true, would be a good thing for the supply situation.

BTW, I got an equally good deal from them on the 50-135, and also on quite a few other Pentax items over the last few years.

I arranged to meet them at PMA this year and they are really nice folks.

Ray

10-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I would certainly be interested in buying from them. Do they not have a web site? I tried Hébergement Bell Hosting but it came up as site under construction.

Thanks for the info in any case. I will email them this instant.
10-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Viridian Quote
I would certainly be interested in buying from them. Do they not have a web site? I tried Hébergement Bell Hosting but it came up as site under construction.

Thanks for the info in any case. I will email them this instant.
For some odd reason the website is Caymancamera.com not .net. It is not a web storefront so you will need to call or email anyway.

Ray
10-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
Todd K.

I was wondering, does anyone know it the have they fixed the 16-50mm issues yet?
Thanks,
Todd K.

10-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #8

What "issues"?

I gotta get my head out of the sand . . .
10-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Todd K.;104891]I was wondering, does anyone know it the have they fixed the 16-50mm issues yet?

From some of the posts I've seen in the last week or so, it doesn't look like it. My local shop has a new one for sale @ $699.00 but I'm afraid to buy it. Besides, the Sigma 17-70 that I did buy (at half the price) is so good, that I'm not sure how the 16-50 could improve on it. I bought the Sig as a fill-in until Pentax got the 16-50 sorted out, but this thing is easily one of my sharpest lenses with great I.Q. And the maco ability is just great. At 17mm you can shoot with your lens just about touching the subject!