Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting, although Pentax doesn't do their own repairs any more either and sends all of their warranty stuff to CRIS in Arizona.

02-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
yes, I see your point,
I assumed it was going to cris when they stated sent to the manufacturer.
Since cris does all of pentax manufacturer repair.
Joe
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
Here is a review of Mack warranties:
Mack Camera & Video Service / The Mack Camera Store - mackcam.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

In short:
# Mixed opinions
# Most people seem to find that the turnaround times are not good.
# Seems that if you buy an x-year warranty, the term starts at the time of purchase and not after the manufacturer warranty ends.
# Seems that you are likely to get better service when something is completely non-working than if you were to send it in for something not upto standard. That is, I think if the sdm fails completely, you may get the thing repaired. But if you try to send it in saying the lens is front focusing etc you may not get it resolved.
# Seems like if there is any reason for the company to suspect that a problem was due to accidental handling etc they are not likely to repair it.
# Seems like you have to pay for postage both ways.
That doesn't sound much different than the manufacturer.
I decided to get my used 1Dmark3 from adorama because I could get a mack warranty with it. Hopefully if the shutter goes in the next couple of years it will save me some dough. Even if I don't need it it is some peace of mind. I think it is probably a good idea on a sdm lens for sure.
03-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #19
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Stargeezer Quote
Setting things straight.

Well, apparently this is not true!!
I found out today after calling Pentax they did not send it to them.
Plus Macks website no longer had my Information on their website, so I was a little nervous

I called Mack.
It turns out they sent it to an authorized repair center.
Huh? Even though Mack said in their email and on their website they sent it to the manufacturer and it was at Pentax.

To top it off Macks customer service was mad at me for calling Pentax first.

I got a Chuckle out of that and the woman called me on it and said what do you find humorous??
I guess I insulted her.

Anyway I will have a cup of tea, and wait another week or so.

I have no problem with it going to an authorized repair center. Although it seems a little odd the way it was worded.

I guess sent to the manufacturer and Pentax listed under location couuuuld mean they sent it to an authorized repair center.

Anyway my bad!! I thought my original post to be true.
Sorry, Joe

I will start a thread when the repair is complete.

I've contacted the Mack Sales Director for you, and asked him to clarify.

03-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #20

Thank you Helen.
Joe
08-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Stargeezer, can you please clarify what happened after you clarified it with Adorama? I'm interested in buying 50-135 with the Mack warranty...