Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
From those photos it does look to be about 2cm? front-focused.
But have you done this test as per strict instruction, and is the focus point exactly on the right spot?
yes, I just re-did the shot and from standing instead of flat, and its 2cm ff.

02-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What a shame..i got the 28-75 for an event too and spent an afternoon with meter, tripod and good light taking shots to make sure it didn't BF or FF..these lenses got great rep being the FF and BF the only issue...turn it back and tell us how it goes (have you got time before the event?).
02-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As to the wide angle issue, I've been surprised how much I've used the DA12-24 lately for meal and restaurant shots of groups. Bounce flash is a must because of the coverage at the wide end, but I've found it increasingly difficult to shoot large groups in restaurants without going ultrawide. This is especially true when there is a private room.

I first got the idea of ultrawides for weddings when I noticed that an excellent pro who shot a wedding I attended a couple of years ago made a pass through the reception with a Sigma 10-20mm to make sure he got a shot of everyone who was at each table for the bride's benefit. For large halls, I have done this with the 17-70, but for some venues that just doesn't work.