Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
read my last post and that of riorico closelyt

we both have modified lenses from other mounts to K mount. It can be done, the "maching" is not that difficult, and does not require precision.

YOu have 2 options, either find a donor lens or use flanged M42 - K mount adaptors.

the conversions I did were for kiron 24mmF2 and 28mmF2 lenses (one nikon one MD) to pentax.

I opted to go simple and not couple the aperture, making them work like M42 lenses (just easier to mount)

the lenses I converted I got for free due to a problem with Kiron lenses and oil on the aperture blades.
Thanks. Yeah, I see now that you mentioned an MD mount.

02-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clockwork247 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
3) Sell them to someone with an EOS or m4/3 or NEX or NX body.
4) Hang onto them until I get a better idea. Nope, I need money.
I am leaning towards option #3. It's just a matter of when.
a 50mm f/1.4 still fetch a good 50 on ebay... 1/2 the price of a pentax M 1.4.
My MC Rokkors include: 28/2.5; 50/1.7; 100/2.5; 300/4.5. I have some misc others too. One problem: The Rokkors aren't mine. They're an in-law's, and I'm obliged to get to best money for them, and split it. So it's not just, "Hey I don't need these, I might as well sell them". It's more like, "I need to fetch a good amount if I want to stay on good terms with my kin by marriage". See, the human factor DOES impact such decisions!

I'd thought of just buying them for myself. Especially the 28/2.5 and 100/2.5, mmm-mmmm. So I bought a cheap clone for some practice surgery. Failure. I'm just not up to chopping an M/MD mount. Detail: My failure came with the aperture linkage. I got the lens base off, probed around, reassembled it... and it's stuck wide open. Repeated mucking around with the mechanism didn't improve the result. Bother...
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #18
Veteran Member

My MC Rokkors include: 28/2.5; 50/1.7; 100/2.5; 300/4.5. I have some misc others too. One problem: The Rokkors aren't mine. They're an in-law's, and I'm obliged to get to best money for them, and split it. So it's not just, "Hey I don't need these, I might as well sell them". It's more like, "I need to fetch a good amount if I want to stay on good terms with my kin by marriage". See, the human factor DOES impact such decisions!

I'd thought of just buying them for myself. Especially the 28/2.5 and 100/2.5, mmm-mmmm. So I bought a cheap clone for some practice surgery. Failure. I'm just not up to chopping an M/MD mount. Detail: My failure came with the aperture linkage. I got the lens base off, probed around, reassembled it... and it's stuck wide open. Repeated mucking around with the mechanism didn't improve the result. Bother...
i mucked up a 100-500 OM mount... that one hurt, i wanted to do a mount mod... the 1st time opening it was fine, the 2nd time i mucked up the aperture rings, and i tried alot of different things, didn't get it to work. chuck it in the trash .
02-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Maybe you dislodged the spring that holds the aperture mechanism shut.

02-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sewebster Quote
Maybe you dislodged the spring that holds the aperture mechanism shut.
No, it's not that. And I just revisited the lens and found that during reassembly, I'd put the spring-loaded auto-aperture flag on the wrong side of the internal bar it moves. Re-position, re-insert, and VOILA! Now that I know what's what in there, I think I can jam (or glue) that internal bar into position, then replace the thick mount with a thick m39-PK adapter, maybe with a 2mm-thick washer so it won't focus too far past infinity.

I look at the Rokkor 100/2.5 and think that I could *maybe* do a similar lens base replacement. But I'm hesitant to fock-up a not-cheap lens that doesn't belong to me (but will if I fock it up!) so I guess I need some trashed Rokkor for more trial surgery. Volunteers well be gratefully accepted.

Last edited by RioRico; 02-03-2011 at 03:57 PM.