Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

Zenitar 16mm/2.8 FE...where to buy now...

Hi everyone,

I've not seen this question posted in a while nor have I seen this item in the 'marketplace' lately...

Where is the best place to purchase a Zenitar 16/2.8 FE? I know there was a supplier on ebay at one time that most everyone here used...but now there are tons of them on there. There are also several websites dedicated to 'Russian Federation' lenses.

Given the potential 'issues' with this lens, I really need to find a supplier that will allow a return/exchange IF there are issues with the initial copy -OR- I need to find a solid used lens for sale from an individual.

(What I really want is a DA21 limited or DA10-17 FE...but that just isn't in the cards right now....Need to keep banking money for London and Paris.)

Thanks for the input!

02-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #2

Hi dwhopson,

I bought my Zenitar 16/2,8 on East Wave.ca. I don't know whether it's the best one or not, but everything went fine during the whole process.
Delivery time was a bit long (3 weeks) but I suspect the parcel got stuck at French Customs for a while.

I hope this helps!

François

Last edited by LeFanch; 02-04-2011 at 12:43 AM.
02-04-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I got my Zenitar-K2 (PK-M mount) from an individual USA seller on eBay. If you are concerned with the ability to return a bad copy, only buy from a stateside source, not from one of the FSU (former SovUnion) sellers. Not that they're *bad*, just that trans-Atlantic returns are a PITA.

Or you could take another tack -- some FSU guys are offering bulk lots of Zenitars. Buy 10 lenses for US$1500; pick out the best; sell the rest for ~US$200 each, giving yourself a US$300 profit.
02-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
try here

Pentax Lenses