Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

"What's it worth"?...

A number of misc items that my father (a long time Pentaxian) had collected. Any thoughts as what (if anything) they may be worth? (To summarize: Photo mags from the late 50's, a couple of old camera's, bellows, lenses, brochures, and misc items.)
Thanks in advance.

Attached Images

Last edited by beaumont; 01-01-2012 at 12:14 PM.
02-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The takumar-a lens is worth about $25, and the bellows about $35. Not sure about the other stuff- looks like there's also some old auto-takumar telephoto there.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Banned

I dont know what its all worth, but i want everything in the third photo. all of the literature! if you are looking to sell id be happy to work something out, if you want to PM me.
02-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback so far. There is another picture in the following thread...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/90272-old-pent...matic-etc.html

...from when I first started going through the boxes. It is a better representation as to the Pentax brochures that are available.
Is anyone able to advise on a fair value? (Once it is determined, I would follow the rules to post for sale items in the proper area.)
thx

02-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would love to know what the two preset lenses are?

Can you post some shots of the front of the lenses.
02-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A couple of shots of the Takumar-A Zoom 28 (3.5)-80mm(4.5) with macro
Attached Images

02-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A couple of the "Tele-Tokina 200mm

Attached Images

02-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And a couple of the Duo-Tamron
Attached Images

02-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
Inactive Account

The Tak-A 28-80 is considered a doorstop by most. It isn't That terrible of a lens however. It was one of my first and When I sold it, it went for $60 (on ebay) and it wasn't anywhere near that condition. I suspect that same lens has seen a few new owners since then. That's Still about the price, some more, some less. Yours however appears to be in mint condition as if it were never used (perhaps with good reason). I don't know anything about the other two lenses.

The brochures and magazines. Many, like your father, are collectors of this sort of stuff. Were this My stuff, and I was looking to move it along, I would list it on ebay for about $1 each and see where they go. Just don't try and charge $5 shipping for each.

The Bellows.. don't know. Looks like one of their original ones and the fact that it appears complete and given it's condition could bring a few extra $$ as well.

The hard spotmatic case, I wouldn't be shocked to see it fetch $15-$20. The meters, same thing (for the lot of them). The flash bulbs, it may seem surprising but there are still people who use them. Especially the Press 25s as those are the types that work best in the old Speed Graphic flashes. One might be shocked nowadays at how well one of those will light up a room. Just keep the nose plug on because the burning lacquer smell is obnoxious.

02-13-2011, 01:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thx for the feedback all...