Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Mountain Vision, thank you for your incredibly helpful posts. I have started using my Cosina 28mm f2.8 for street photography at hyperfocal on my 35mm K1000, and you are right about the focal length etc. I am keeping it at f8 mostly.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Vision Quote
Shoot in RAW, learn how the camera reacts to exposure, and learn how to process. The difference between it and the K20D was marginal, and the K-7 was about the same as the K20D. So the only camera you are currently missing out on is the $1500 K-5 which is obviously a significant improvement.
I'd already arrived at these conclusions... However, the prospect of a K5 is even more remote than a 21mm Ltd...

I think that my problem has been shooting the K10D in pubs and bars really, reluctant to use a flash, but after the ambient lighting. Also often close in to people, so looking for the 45mm equivalence of a wide angle, and every available photon of light to keep the shutter speed up.

I do find in low light conditions like this that the image quality really suffers past 400 ISO, especially as you get a lot of artificial colours in pub lighting, the noise becomes so obvious. I am not shelling out for noise ninja, what other NR tips are there?