ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FA43 @1.9

07-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #6693
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

This Drag & Drop stuff is really hard...I see so many fine shots that deserve a few words of comment...and of the last two pages only mattb123 had enough of his time to say a few words in reply to others.

I guess if this is a Drag & Drop thread, I'll try to go with the flow and just bite my tongue when I want to comment...

Shot.....dragged...dropped! Gee...I'm as lazy as that squirrel!

Regards!
07-23-2016, 10:17 AM   #6694
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I rarely comment on the thread page - I'll comment when I hit 'like' or comment on the shot on flickr, but hardly ever in the actual thread.... the thread is for the pictures, not talk...

07-23-2016, 10:21 AM - 3 Likes   #6695
ogl
Banned

DA70@2.4
07-23-2016, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #6696
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the thread is for the pictures, not talk.
So you go to a party to tell your own jokes, toot your own horn and ignore that anyone else is present, because after all, who could be more important than you and what you drag and drop...right? ....and you are proud of that?

There is a place for Ugly Posting.....https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html

There used to be some virtue in a few words of praise and recognition of the efforts of others and their contributions to a thread....but nowadays that seems to have vanished. In an "It's all about me" world, who has time for anyone else......right?

Galleries at Flickr and other picture posting sites are for the pictures.....sites like PF are for pictures and socializing...in case you haven't noticed?

Regards!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 12:42 PM ----------

ogl...Realizing this is a place all about pictures......and talk is for naught.....I am breaking the apparent "rules" and commenting that you posted a wonderful shot there! I hope my commenting in no way offends you, it was in true sincerity....and the bokeh was lovely!

Best Regards!
ol' protocal disregarding Rupert
07-23-2016, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #6697
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
This Drag & Drop stuff is really hard...I see so many fine shots that deserve a few words of comment...and of the last two pages only mattb123 had enough of his time to say a few words in reply to others.

I guess if this is a Drag & Drop thread, I'll try to go with the flow and just bite my tongue when I want to comment...

Shot.....dragged...dropped! Gee...I'm as lazy as that squirrel!

Regards!
That squirrel only looks lazy. Look closely and you can see the little squirrel wheels churning in its head. It's actually plotting how to get Mr Bigma Owner to come out, install some more cheater branches, and refill the feeders.

07-23-2016, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #6698
Veteran Member

It's called "Drag & Drop" ...I see it here a lot, so thought I'd give it a try myself!
That squirel look like it can't more anymore... That the ideal occasion for the flowers to show up and try steal the crown of best bokeh... Look their pride!

07-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #6699
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

So you go to a party to tell your own jokes, toot your own horn and ignore that anyone else is present, because after all, who could be more important than you and what you drag and drop...right? ....and you are proud of that?

There is a place for Ugly Posting.....https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html

There used to be some virtue in a few words of praise and recognition of the efforts of others and their contributions to a thread....but nowadays that seems to have vanished. In an "It's all about me" world, who has time for anyone else......right?

Galleries at Flickr and other picture posting sites are for the pictures.....sites like PF are for pictures and socializing...in case you haven't noticed?

Regards!

---------- Post added 07-23-16 at 12:42 PM ----------

ogl...Realizing this is a place all about pictures......and talk is for naught.....I am breaking the apparent "rules" and commenting that you posted a wonderful shot there! I hope my commenting in no way offends you, it was in true sincerity....and the bokeh was lovely!

Best Regards!
ol' protocal disregarding Rupert

you've misunderstood me - I was not making rules nor expounding my beliefs and expecting you to follow them.... none of that...

I was under the impression that there are threads for conversation and threads for picture-posting, so I was doing my best to follow that...

I was not suggesting that your talking about the shots in this thread was in any way, shape, or form, inappropriate.... I was trying to explain only my own behavior (not yours nor anybody else's)...

relax and continue upon your own path
07-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #6700
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the thread is for the pictures, not talk...
I only replied to your own words.....are you saying you didn't type them?

I do not wish to admonish anyone in particular, (BTW- I think you are a"good guy" and valuable contributor at PF) we all fall short of our duties to pay proper respect to other posters far too often, and I am included in that group, though I do make a concerted effort to post replies. If no one was interested in comments they would just post at Flickr, Pbase, or any of the other many sites where conversation is mostly non-existent.

Feedback in a camera Forum is the "spice of life". It is what gives us guidance, encouragement, and a reason to go on...and improve what we do. Sure, it takes a little time and effort, but if we care about others...and our own postings, we need to drop our laziness and get involved. It only takes a few words to acknowledge that someone exists and made a contribution. Why is that so hard?

Best Regards!
07-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #6701
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I only replied to your own words.....are you saying you didn't type them?

I do not wish to admonish anyone in particular, (BTW- I think you are a"good guy" and valuable contributor at PF) we all fall short of our duties to pay proper respect to other posters far too often, and I am included in that group, though I do make a concerted effort to post replies. If no one was interested in comments they would just post at Flickr, Pbase, or any of the other many sites where conversation is mostly non-existent.

Feedback in a camera Forum is the "spice of life". It is what gives us guidance, encouragement, and a reason to go on...and improve what we do. Sure, it takes a little time and effort, but if we care about others...and our own postings, we need to drop our laziness and get involved. It only takes a few words to acknowledge that someone exists and made a contribution. Why is that so hard?

Best Regards!

agreed - it isn't difficult to point out what you like in a certain shot, or to give encouragement to a fellow shooter - those are certainly welcome things in any setting...

but that isn't what I was getting at - I felt you were a bit hasty in assuming that I only do a 'drag and drop'... in some threads, I do that very thing; in other threads, I participate with both photos and words, and in still another category - no pictures at all.... for me, and only me, I try to show my appreciation for you and yours, and for other members of the forum, in the manner that works for me...

some people may find it difficult to express themselves in a public forum (however anonymous they try to make themselves, it is still a public forum) and may not be able to write/type the things they think when they happen...

thank you for the 'good guy' compliment - I enjoy your squirrels and birds and follow you over on flickr... your dedication to bokeh is great and running commentary in the 'why I won't buy a K-3' thread is both comedic and uplifting...
07-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #6702
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
That squirrel only looks lazy. Look closely and you can see the little squirrel wheels churning in its head. It's actually plotting how to get Mr Bigma Owner to come out, install some more cheater branches, and refill the feeders.
Actually you are pretty close......like this youngster I shot minutes ago, he was dreaming of the afternoon delivery from the "cold beer truck". It is 102F out there and they need plenty of liquids....cold beer is their favorite. I am not personally a beer drinker, and after supplying all these squirrels there wouldn't be a drop left for me anyhow! I prefer iced tea.....and they call me a "sissy" for it!

Dreaming of that beer truck..

He wasn't too happy when I told him they had a flat tire and would be an hour or so late....

Best Regards!
07-23-2016, 01:08 PM - 3 Likes   #6703
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did someone say "cold beer" ? At 3 pm, it's 99F (heat index 109F), but looks like a little cooldown coming next week!

I went back to 2012 for this shot in my mom's backyard in California. That bird feeder could use a cleaning! DAL 50-200:
07-23-2016, 04:53 PM - 4 Likes   #6704

mamiya sekor 55mm f1.8

07-24-2016, 10:27 AM - 2 Likes   #6705

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar (Zebra) 50mm f2.8