Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 106070 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2016, 04:23 PM - 13 Likes   #5986

Not a great bokeh but a great moment for me.
She said yes!

Olympus Mju III
Kodak Colorplus

05-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #5987
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UgurUgurlu Quote
She said yes!

Olympus Mju III
Kodak Colorplus
Great moment indeed Congratulations Thank you for sharing.
05-13-2016, 06:43 PM   #5988
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
She said yes!

Olympus Mju III
Kodak Colorplus
Congratulations!
05-13-2016, 07:04 PM - 3 Likes   #5989
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She said yes!
Congratulations! Been with Mrs Rupert 50 years and it is still wonderful! I wish the same for both of you! BTW- She is lovely!

For those watching the bokeh wars between the birds and squirrels today...there was a late entry just after sundown.

I'm gonna call her the winner......you think?

Just at dark Mama Raccoon came along to clean out leftovers in the squirrel feeders and wanted to get in on the action....She was a little late to get any decent raccoon bokeh, but she did try!

1/80 handheld K1+ Bigma f 7.1 @ 240 mm ISO 12,800

Regards!

05-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #5990
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Congratulations! Been with Mrs Rupert 50 years and it is still wonderful!
Congratulation on the 50 years with Mrs Rupert It is great to hear happy stories
I am enjoying today's bokeh wars. Thank you for the great series and demonstrating the amazing high ISO capabilities
05-14-2016, 01:22 AM - 3 Likes   #5991
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

K-3 with DA 50mm f1.8

05-14-2016, 03:22 AM - 5 Likes   #5992
Forum Member

A yellow rose (K5 + Vivitar Macro 105, @8)

05-14-2016, 05:06 AM   #5993
Pentaxian

She said yes!

Olympus Mju III
Kodak Colorplus
Congratulations, what was the question?

Just kidding.
05-14-2016, 07:10 AM - 4 Likes   #5994
Pentaxian

A new projection lens acquisition from my thrift store yesterday ...

An Angénieux 50/1.2 (16mm cinema format lens) ... first test images look promising and it's mounted in a Chinese PK extension set for the moment.

05-14-2016, 07:37 AM - 3 Likes   #5995
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by taks Quote
Congratulation on the 50 years with Mrs Rupert It is great to hear happy stories
I am enjoying today's bokeh wars. Thank you for the great series and demonstrating the amazing high ISO capabilities
Thank you! I shoot for fun and the joy of it, and the K1 has certainly increased the range of that joy! It is an unbelievable camera with abilities previously unknown below the 645s.
It is wonderful...like Mrs Rupert, that insisted I get the K1 when my K5IIs was badly damaged.

Assuming others are interested in the K1 at some point, let me cover a few more things of importance that have excited me.

* The colors and WB are second to none....on some of the past Pentax bodies I have owned these have been somewhat of a problem at times. The K1 is just excellent in both areas.

*Some say that lesser lenses get worse on the K1, and that may be true, but I haven't found it to be so far. My Bigma, which is not a Pro lens, is actually a lot better performer on the K1. So the lenses you have may be just fine.

*Processing......I usually process the Raw, though I find the Jpegs very good on the K1, and processing is so much easier on the K1. There is less of it to do and the dynamic range gives unbelievable latitude for adjustment...even much better than my K5Is, and it was very good.

*Frustration factor.....I think we all experience this, sometimes often, when you can't get fast focus, can't deal with the high ISO noise when you do in low light, and have to learn a new cuss word for that shot you wanted but missed. The K1 greatly reduces this factor...greatly! No, every shot I get is not perfect...for various reasons, most often because of me. However, your keeper rate will skyrocket with the K1.

I know it's a lot of cash, (still barely more expensive than my first K5 original) and can squeeze a budget, but even for more casual shooters like me this camera is more than worth a little sacrifice if you want to end frustrations and increase your joy.

I'm old...and Mrs Rupert is loaded in cash, but if that was not the case I'd still follow this rule to get me a K1, knowing what I now know after almost a week of using it....I've pretty much followed this my entire life.....never expecting to get as old as I am now...and I have no regrets!

Now back to business!
I just shot this minutes ago in the early morning light. Instant focus with the big ol' slow Bigma (amazing!) and no noise reduction in or out of camera @ ISO 3200. Handheld at 1/80 (amazing SR too!)

This is the birds' first entry in the squirrel bokeh challenge for today....Lazy squirrels are sleeping late on this Saturday morning and haven't even showed up....I think they can forget it, they won't beat this bird bokeh!

Best Regards & once more I want to offer my thanks and appreciation to all that post in this thread and make my first cup of coffee every day a delight as I view the wonderful shots posted here!
05-14-2016, 08:06 AM - 2 Likes   #5996
Forum Member

Morning lilium (SMC Pentax-M 50 1.7)

Last edited by FlorinR; 05-14-2016 at 08:45 AM.
05-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #5997
Pentaxian

Thank you! I shoot for fun and the joy of it, and the K1 has certainly increased the range of that joy! It is an unbelievable camera with abilities previously unknown below the 645s.
It is wonderful...like Mrs Rupert, that insisted I get the K1 when my K5IIs was badly damaged.

Assuming others are interested in the K1 at some point, let me cover a few more things of importance that have excited me.

* The colors and WB are second to none....on some of the past Pentax bodies I have owned these have been somewhat of a problem at times. The K1 is just excellent in both areas.

*Some say that lesser lenses get worse on the K1, and that may be true, but I haven't found it to be so far. My Bigma, which is not a Pro lens, is actually a lot better performer on the K1. So the lenses you have may be just fine.

*Processing......I usually process the Raw, though I find the Jpegs very good on the K1, and processing is so much easier on the K1. There is less of it to do and the dynamic range gives unbelievable latitude for adjustment...even much better than my K5Is, and it was very good.

*Frustration factor.....I think we all experience this, sometimes often, when you can't get fast focus, can't deal with the high ISO noise when you do in low light, and have to learn a new cuss word for that shot you wanted but missed. The K1 greatly reduces this factor...greatly! No, every shot I get is not perfect...for various reasons, most often because of me. However, your keeper rate will skyrocket with the K1.

I know it's a lot of cash, (still barely more expensive than my first K5 original) and can squeeze a budget, but even for more casual shooters like me this camera is more than worth a little sacrifice if you want to end frustrations and increase your joy.

I'm old...and Mrs Rupert is loaded in cash, but if that was not the case I'd still follow this rule to get me a K1, knowing what I now know after almost a week of using it....I've pretty much followed this my entire life.....never expecting to get as old as I am now...and I have no regrets!

Now back to business!
I just shot this minutes ago in the early morning light. Instant focus with the big ol' slow Bigma (amazing!) and no noise reduction in or out of camera @ ISO 3200. Handheld at 1/80 (amazing SR too!)

This is the birds' first entry in the squirrel bokeh challenge for today....Lazy squirrels are sleeping late on this Saturday morning and haven't even showed up....I think they can forget it, they won't beat this bird bokeh!

Best Regards & once more I want to offer my thanks and appreciation to all that post in this thread and make my first cup of coffee every day a delight as I view the wonderful shots posted here!
Great photographs, good thoughts and comments, Rupert. BTW, my wife and I got a kick out of your sign that wisely advises " Life is short. Eat dessert first."

Words to live by.

Les
05-14-2016, 12:18 PM   #5998
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great photographs, good thoughts and comments, Rupert. BTW, my wife and I got a kick out of your sign that wisely advises " Life is short. Eat dessert first."

Words to live by.

Les
Thanks Les! There have been times in my life I went a little overboard on dessert...but still no regrets!

This is not going to beat that bird's bokeh...but it will make a nice cover shot for the next issue of Gentleman Squirrel Monthly!

Gentleman squirrel?...isn't that an oxymoron?

Best Regards to you and your wife!
05-14-2016, 12:28 PM - 4 Likes   #5999
ogl
Banned

DA50/1.8

f2.8

---------- Post added 05-14-2016 at 12:28 PM ----------

f2.0

05-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #6000
Pentaxian

Thanks Les! There have been times in my life I went a little overboard on dessert...but still no regrets!

This is not going to beat that bird's bokeh...but it will make a nice cover shot for the next issue of Gentleman Squirrel Monthly!

Gentleman squirrel?...isn't that an oxymoron?

Best Regards to you and your wife!
Up here, that magazine is known as GsQ Magazine.

I know, I know, it's a bit of a stretch.

Les