Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Distortion issue with Sigma 30mm f1.4 lens?

Hi,
I was just about to buy a Pentax 50mm f1.4 lens but am thinking of this instead maybe.
I have 2 young kids so and a lot of shots would be indoors so this could be better for me.
However I read-
The 30 is wide enough to be unflattering to facial features but only if you get too close.
Could someone post a few sample pictures of the distortion?
I like kid shots/portraits with a lot of background blur. For this I'd be relatively close to my subject and using a high aperture
Would I have the distortion issue for shots like above?
I think that's the only thing stopping me from buying it at the moment.

this is an example of the kind of shots I'm on about:

Cheers,
Pa.

02-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I haven't noticed the distortion you refer to, but can help out on an example.

One of my favorites of my son, with this lens. I think it's a great piece of fast glass....

This shot has also kept me from parting with the lens....as I had toyed with the idea of selling it to help fund a FA 31mm.

02-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This thread contains a comparison of the 'effect' of the different focal lengths (3rd post).

Note: shots were taken on full frame, not on APSc