Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Which brand do you like the most?
Pentax 2480.00%
Tamron 13.33%
Sigma 516.67%
Tokina   00%
Phoenix   00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2006, 12:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Favorite lens brand

Okay, may as well start the battles!

Which brand do you like overall the best of these?

Is it Pentax? Perhaps Sigma? Tokina? Phoenix? Tamron?

Feel free to backup your answer with specific lenses, but I want you to make a general choice. Don't want to? Tough, I'm making you.

12-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Naturally, Pentax lenses are my favorite. Best compatibility, best optics, and the great name

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-10-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Naturally, Pentax lenses are my favorite. Best compatibility, best optics, and the great name
I'm reserving my vote until I have really used enough brands lenses to understand which I like best. However, I will say, even the kit lens from Pentax is amazing.

I think Pentax really gets that. Package a great lens with the camera, and sell more lenses of your own brand... Smart move by Pentax.
12-10-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't care too much for the kit lens (although it definitely beats the competition), but practically everyone other Pentax lens is ideal (save the plasticky FA 28-80mm)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-10-2006, 03:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

LOL!!!

This is a pentax forum and you are asking this question here ...

This is like asking people in Porche club what cars they like the most: Porche, Proton, Daihatsu etc. And guess what the CEO who owns 7 porches gonna tell you: I like Porche???

Well, if it wasn't the pentax lenses I am after, I would not start my pentax LBA and come to join this forum. Sure I am not coming to this forum for any 3rd party lens since you can get their counterpart mounts for other brands as well.
12-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I've owned a couple of "consumer" lenses for a long time. With some PP, they have given me good enough result to go up to 12x8s - haven't tried anything larger than that.

I also own a 17-35mm Sigma lens. Although I've haven't tested this lens objectively, I found that it lack the colour satuaration that the Pentax lenses have been delivering. The pictures are little on the drab side requiring some PP to satuarate the colour. Although affordable, it's pretty heavy and filter size is a huge 82mm - I'm unable to find a CP filter yet here in Bangalore.

Well, I'm expecting a Pentax 77mm Ltd to be delivered soon. As far as I'm concerned, that should keep me from mumbling about rendition .
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
I have used pentax lens with the SF7, however I have been using sigma ex lenses with the DS. I'm a happy snapper.