Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Hey, where is the lens club?

I think it is quit good reference when somebody has a lens purchase plan.

02-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens Clubs - PentaxForums.com
02-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
I think it is quit good reference when somebody has a lens purchase plan.
Henry:

Eagle Friends' answer is only a partial answer. What the forum has done, is they have moved many of the Clubs out of here, to a less visible area. However, certain clubs remain here in the lens section.

For example:

The Da 15 limited is still here

The DA 50-135 club is still here

Most of the Da lens Clubs are still here in the lens section, getting unfair exposure--What do you think this means??? Why would the forum do this--think of it for a second. Just because a Club doesn't use the word Club in the thread's title, does not mean it isn't a Club.

"The 15 limited controls my mind" thread is just as much a lens club as is any other club. The same goes for all the Da "Shows us what it can do threads."

This is, after all, a forum entitled Pentax Forums.
02-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Henry:

Eagle Friends' answer is only a partial answer. What the forum has done, is they have moved many of the Clubs out of here, to a less visible area. However, certain clubs remain here in the lens section.

For example:

The Da 15 limited is still here

The DA 50-135 club is still here

Most of the Da lens Clubs are still here in the lens section, getting unfair exposure--What do you think this means??? Why would the forum do this--think of it for a second. Just because a Club doesn't use the word Club in the thread's title, does not mean it isn't a Club.

"The 15 limited controls my mind" thread is just as much a lens club as is any other club. The same goes for all the Da "Shows us what it can do threads."

This is, after all, a forum entitled Pentax Forums.
I am also curious as to why those ones haven't been moved. I guess it's easy to think of it as bias, but I wouldn't know how that would work, since both the DA Limited and FA Limited clubs -- purportedly pretty premiere groups featuring photos from high quality lenses -- have been relocated. I think some of the lens club threads that never moved kind of became de facto lens clubs and weren't always started with the explicit intention of continuing to the ends of time featuring photos from the featured lens.

Though, the 'show us what it can do' style threads certainly were. *shrugs*

02-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
I am also curious as to why those ones haven't been moved. I guess it's easy to think of it as bias, but I wouldn't know how that would work, since both the DA Limited and FA Limited clubs -- purportedly pretty premiere groups featuring photos from high quality lenses -- have been relocated. I think some of the lens club threads that never moved kind of became de facto lens clubs and weren't always started with the explicit intention of continuing to the ends of time featuring photos from the featured lens.

Though, the 'show us what it can do' style threads certainly were. *shrugs*
Selling Da lenses is where it is at for Pentax. Mostly all of the Da lens clubs, though they are suspiciously not entitled "Clubs," are still in the comfort of the Pentax SLR Lens Discussion. Sure, the DA 14 Club is out of here, but then so is that lens out of Pentax's marketing too, and that Club was hardly setting the forum on fire either--we have the 15 Limited & 12-24 still here in this section--think of this.

What was relocated, was any lens club with the word "Club" in the thread title. Note, however, that long ago this forum started talking about moving out lens clubs to exile. How old are these da threads for lens showcasing, the ones which are named "Show us what it can do"?

Bottom line, a lens club is a lens club, no matter what the title is. If you are going to move one club, to be fair, they all should be moved.
02-18-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that what has been moved were those threads that were in the lens club index sticky.

And I think that it will be good if the index is brought back as an sticky so someone can easily see which clubs there are (alphanumerical).
02-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
I think that what has been moved were those threads that were in the lens club index sticky.

And I think that it will be good if the index is brought back as an sticky so someone can easily see which clubs there are (alphanumerical).
I agree. There should at least be a sticky to tell us where the old stickies went.

The reasoning is that they're crowding the lens discussion forum, but in essence they've always been a showcase or discussion of the lenses as much as (or more than) a club.

I've only contributed to a few of them, but never because I sought them out, only because they popped up and kept popping up and I think that was part of the fun.

I find it's too easy to forget about them when they're in their own--like Jeweltrail said: it's more of an exile.

However, having said that, if each lens had its own thread full of photos, that would be a reference that would be just as handy as the user reviews. Or maybe we have that already and I just can't find it

02-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Lens Club is now a sub forum which is better then a sticky:

Forum>Pentax Lenses and Accessories > Lens Clubs