Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Oh Lord do those look good! Makes sense too.

In your photo I can tell the resolution of the two Pentaxes is better than the Tamron's, as the writing on the lenses is much clearer, the Tamron's is a bit fuzzy

10-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I won't make a living as a product shooter!! Lol. No question the Primes are sharper but only a pixel peeper would tell in most shots and it will give you 1:3.9 close up at the same time. Here's the specs:

SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF); Tamron USA, Inc.

If this is the one you decide on get the Di version not the Dii because the Di will work on your 35mm cameras.
10-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Being the Tamron is physically the same size as the 16-45, I have mentally added it to the impulse purchase category (with the 50 1.4), though the reason for adding it is that wife will only see a same size lump at the end of the camera...

I'm having fun with this. One more question: with the limiteds, are there any that autofocus better than others? The 16-45 is actually OK shutter speed wise, it just gets sluggish focusing with the K100D, the flash when up even starts to do its stutter thing to try to gain enough light to lock focus... (I didn't know it could do that, but I've found out a few times now: it does!)
10-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Hi Nesster

Forget about lenses for a minute. How about a nice BIG birthday cake with loads of icing and lots of candles instead ! I'm on a diet at the moment, so you could post a photo of it on this forum and then I could 'ogle it' without putting on any calories......lol !

Best regards
Richard

10-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'd better be getting a super wide angle then, to get all those candles in the frame. Actually I'd better be starting aerobic excercise so I'll be able to blow them out

Otherwise, I'm just saying a show and dinner out is plenty. But come to think of it the family will probably get the waiters to sing... ugh.
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #21
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
....mate, the above suggestions are all good ones and very practical.....I was thinking more along the lines of a 35 yr old blonde........

Happy Birthday.
QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Hi Nesster

Forget about lenses for a minute. How about a nice BIG birthday cake with loads of icing and lots of candles instead ! I'm on a diet at the moment, so you could post a photo of it on this forum and then I could 'ogle it' without putting on any calories......lol !

Best regards
Richard

THATS IT!! combine a really large cake with the 35 year old blonde and you have the birthday wish of every 50 year old. Then when she jumps out of the cake you can join me an many others on the big D circuit. Just hide the camera gear from the lawyers....

The 77mm is a tad faster focusing but not enough to worry about.
10-18-2007, 05:43 AM   #22
Inactive Account

There is no Dii version of this lens. AFAIK, there is/was/will ever be only ONE version of this (great) lens. It is Di, which means it has full frame coverage (if Pentax ever goes full frame), but has special coating on the rear element(s) (or something like that)

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF); Tamron USA, Inc.

If this is the one you decide on get the Di version not the Dii because the Di will work on your 35mm cameras.