Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FA Limiteds on bellows. Aperture ring question.

Anyone here who has used their FA ltds on bellows? When I mount my FA limited (31) on bellows I notice that turning the aperture ring does not stop down the lens, on the other hand, if I mount the lens with the aperture set at 22 and then try to open up the lens, I am able to do so. This is a big disappointment because I cannot focus wide open and then stop down the lens for the shot. My FA 50 1.4 opens and closes - is something wrong with my limited lens?

02-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The FA Limited and the FA lens should work the same.

If you hold the lens in your hand and turn the aperture ring, does the diaphragm open and close? If not the lens is faulty.

Also check that there isn't anything in the lens mount of the bellows that would interfere with he stop down lever.
02-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you Ole for the response. When I hold the lens in my hand the aperture blades close and open, but when mounted on the bellows it does not close down. My fa 50 opens and closes when mounted on the bellows.
02-22-2011, 08:02 PM - 1 Like   #4
Ole
Administrator

OK, so your Limited lens is not faulty. That's good.

Have you checked the mount on the bellows? It sound as if something grips hold of the stop down lever of the limited lens.

It isn't a Pentax Autobellows by any chance? If it is then the aperture will be kept open and can only be closed down by using a cable release attached to the mount.

Last edited by Ole; 02-22-2011 at 09:09 PM.
02-24-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you again Ole! The bellows is a generic brand with K mount. It is definitely the bellows because the lens works fine when I tried it with extension tubes - that is a relief! Thank you for your help.
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mccarvindh Quote
Thank you again Ole! The bellows is a generic brand with K mount. It is definitely the bellows because the lens works fine when I tried it with extension tubes - that is a relief! Thank you for your help.
can you post a photo of the lens mount end of the bellows, so we can see what is hitting the actuating lever?