Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #1

My Tokina Service review

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know how the service was for Tokina in their California service center.

I was experiencing some back-focus on a lens and sent it in. I didn't have any receipt but had the warranty card. Their website indicates receipt and warranty card required. They magically detected the date it was purchased somehow and repaired it in-warranty.

They also did not require me to send in my camera body. Sure enough, the lens focuses spot on now.

They service desk phone number usually goes to voicemail. Generally, communication is tricky and I didn't get any notifications on the progress. They received it and within 3 business days, I had it back in my hands. Suck a quick turnaround. Bear in mind I'm in CA too so shipping times are reduced. So thumbs up from me overall. They could make the user experience better if they used some simple software to provide customers updates in my opinion.

02-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's good to know I can't remember hearing any feedback on tokina service before. I was pretty interested in the new 16-28mm f2.8 that just came out.
02-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I've had a good with their service for paid service. The price was reasonable and the work good.