Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Latest Macro Arrival!

Especially now that I've been seeing all the trouble with the lasted two DA* zooms, I'm passing on the newer digital lenes and turning to the old, quality lenses Pentax produced some 20 years ago. Here's the latest arrival:

It only took three days (shipped on Sunday, arrived this afternoon) to come, and considering that it came all the way from Japan, that's quite something. It's wonderful to have a lens that can obtain 1:1 magnification from some 50cm away, and I hope to put that to use this weekend! That tripod mount, along with the great optics and a few extension tubes, should render some great pics!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
Igilligan

What a thing of beauty... Can't wait to see some photos on Monday...
10-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #3

awesome wered u get it from? like what store?
10-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The store is on eBay, something along the lines of "matsuiya." They definitely boast great service and, at times, a wonderful selection of FA*/A* lenses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Immaculate condition. Trying the lens out yet?

Looking forward to the shots
10-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful lens. Love mine. The tripod collar hasn't aged so well though. It hits the prism and grip on K10D. Wanted to use rotating collar for flash bracket (vertical & horizontal). Work around is to use small extension tube on lens all the time.
Use this lens a lot more without flash than the DFA100. Bugs aren't as skittish with the longer working distance. Has a totally different look than 100. Love it. Thanks again Frank for the help.
Enjoy the lens MO. It was worth the trouble & money. The lens library will now get a picture to show it off.
thanks
barondla
10-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Congratulations on a fantastic aquisition Mo.I fell in love with this lens the first time I saw it and wish I had bought it.
I hope it gives you many good shots.
Kenn
10-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Congrats !
I saw it too but it was out of my range - knowing it might go up to 2k+ . Show us some shots later when you have time , eh ? Thanks .

10-22-2007, 10:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

argh if only they'd just bring these lenses out of the drawer, stick some gears and an AF slot screw in them, Pentax would have a much stronger lineup.

Nice lens, wanna see some pics too!
10-23-2007, 03:50 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Congrats MO..

I have tried Roentarre's and it is a lovely lens..