Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by DanielT74 Quote
PS Yes, the K15 was first.
SY queues in line for sure, but it's a long line...

05-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
very nice. although for the price, what would make this lens be a better alternative than the Sigma 30/1.4, considering the Sigma is faster, has AF, and extremely sharp at the center? also both lenses have smooth bokeh and have weaknesses in the corners.
05-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #183

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dreamfoto Quote
Aaaah, then it's easy! Since the Da 35/2,4 is also much cheaper and the Da 35/2.8 macro limited is about the same price you are decided. Right ? Let's not discuss it anymore then - subject closed

Unless you are a little bit wrong in your ass-essement
You should probably know by now that it is bad manners to insult the OP. Regardless, I do not own the DA 35/2.8 macro. I do have the DA 35/2.4 and the 'A' 35/2.8. Yes, the SMC Pentax-A 35/2.8. Which by the way I am probably going to sell at some point since the 35/2.4 is worlds better. I'm not decided on the issue at all. I guess you haven't read the entire thread yet. I've stated multiple times it's on my radar as a possible buy in the future if prices should come down for this particular lens. As it sits right now, and I've stated it before, I think it's slightly overpriced and am awaiting additional testing before I make my final decision on this lens.
The purpose of this thread was to alert the Pentax-Forums community of it's availability so that those who have been awaiting this lens and are willing to purchase this lens at the current price can. I honestly never thought this thread would continue this long, and for that matter, it had remained dormant for quite some time until you re-awakened it. I'm sorry if my continued participation in MY thread somehow annoys or angers you, but then again, you don't have to discuss it either.
So on another note, do you own this lens? If so, lets see an in-depth review of it in the Professional reviews section. I'd love to see it. If you don't own this lens your opinion on this lens is little more then conjecture. As is mine. I think maybe you should look at your own ASS-essement first before disrespecting others opinions.

By the way, smiley faces and stupid fonts don't make come across as cheerful or funny. Just noobish.
05-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #184

Photos: Albums
:(:(:(

OK I STOPED!

look how well-behaved people in France are amusing themselfs with the new SY35

Samyang 35 mm F1.4 AS UMC : Autres objectifs - Page 5

Thanks for the thread I enjoyed participating! Will be able to contrbiute more WHEN and IF

1) I buy the new SY35mm
2) improved my photography skill
3) I'll be in good health with job money no car repairs no problems with police alive and happy

06-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #185

Original Poster
What I can only assume is Samyang made since it looks just like it, the new Rokinon 35mm 1.4 is now available from B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769572-REG/Rokinon_RK35M_P_35mm_f_1_4_Wide_Angle_US.html

Last edited by Damian; 06-01-2011 at 06:01 AM.
06-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #186
Veteran Member

Same as is available on Amazon, yep.
06-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #187
Veteran Member

OK I STOPED!

look how well-behaved people in France are amusing themselfs with the new SY35

Samyang 35 mm F1.4 AS UMC : Autres objectifs - Page 5
I looked over the images in that thread. They look... at those sizes I hate to say "soft", but they do, compared to the FA35 f2 AL. It's ridiculously sharp. Of course, the problem might be the fact that it's really, really difficult to manually focus a fast, wide lens.

06-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #188

Still no SY35 f1.4 for Pentax available. :ugh:... Pentax not a priority. :ugh:

If one has Nikon system (I guess) the lens can be used with an adapter.

jstevewhite - is your FA35F2 really sharp? Really really? I have SMC-M35F2 (the K-mount) and I use it ***only*** in specific conditions. In fact I call it "the F8 lens" since it is sharp at F8 (quite sharp indeed) but soft at anything else.... and infinity focus is not sharp either... well... never easy....

I think finally that all those marketing guys from Pentax and Samyang have screwed things up quite a bit. Pretty annoying to see the FA35F2 at 789EUR??? here. Tz-tz-tz... What a nonsense! Plastic jewelry ....

However "available from eBay China" for 380!!! but can you count on the guarantee??? &*(&^%!#%&$!~$%*&*(&^%!#%&$!~$%*

The SY35 will include high premium for the fine glass but no discount for the poorbuild quality either...

Last edited by dreamfoto; 06-02-2011 at 11:49 AM.
06-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #189

M35f2

I dont remember what the aperture value was used for this shot- but why should I ???

It can ONLY be F/8 ))

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #190
Veteran Member

jstevewhite - is your FA35F2 really sharp? Really really? I have SMC-M35F2 (the K-mount) and I use it ***only*** in specific conditions. In fact I call it "the F8 lens" since it is sharp at F8 (quite sharp indeed) but soft at anything else.... and infinity focus is not sharp either... well... never easy....
Indeed it is. I don't know if your K35f2 is the same optical formula, because the FA35f2 AL is extremely sharp all across the frame; very good at f2, to exceptional (just a tiny bit behind the FA31ltd, in fact) at f4-f5.6.
06-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #191

Yep... in the end I may opt for the China-FA35F2.0

The M35 is .... very ..... ummm .... different...

It has sweet colors at F8 and PLENTY (tones and miles) of bookeh at F2

Guess which is the F2 photo from the 3 shots below I have actually some really nice bookeh photos with it

Here they are - no PP whatsoever - stright from camera - the first is a JPG crop and the last two are just resized to 20%
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #192
Veteran Member

some soft shots from the plastic jewelry.

at f2

at f2.5

at f4

at f4 cropped

06-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #193

Original Poster
Still no SY35 f1.4 for Pentax available. ... Pentax not a priority.
It may not be available in Europe in Pentax Mount, but it sure is available in the US, in both Samyang brand and Rokinon.

If you don't like the price of the FA35 f2 you may wish to look at the DA35 f2.4. Available new for far less then the f2, same optical formula, just as sharp and I guarantee you won't miss the half stop difference between the two. Unfortunately, I do not have any examples here at work with me, but I may upload some for you this weekend if I find the time.
06-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damian Quote
It may not be available in Europe in Pentax Mount, but it sure is available in the US, in both Samyang brand and Rokinon.

If you don't like the price of the FA35 f2 you may wish to look at the DA35 f2.4. Available new for far less then the f2, same optical formula, just as sharp and I guarantee you won't miss the half stop difference between the two. Unfortunately, I do not have any examples here at work with me, but I may upload some for you this weekend if I find the time.
I've actually considered selling the FA35 f2 and getting the DA35 f2.4, honestly, to help fund my lust for a DA15 because of the great disparity in used value between the two 35s, and little difference in optical quality.
06-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #195

Got a Sigma!!! From here for 340 EUR

SIGMA 30mm F1.4 EX DC PENTAX AF | eBay UK

now testing it!