Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Fujinon EBC 600mm f5.6

Hello

I do not know whether this is the right forum, but I just could not find any better.

I have an oportunity to purchase m42 mount Fujica Fujunon EBC 600mm f 5.6 lens. Now since this lens is not cheap (about 500$) I tried to find out as much as possible by browsing the web but I could find very few sites where this particular lens was mentioned let alone described or reviewed.

So I just wanted to se whether there is anyone here who can have an opinion on that particular lens or any general observation about fujinon lenses. I already have a cheap 500mm f8 (Kimunor I think) and Sigma 50-500mm (bigma), so I don't know how usefull in practice this 600mm is going to be. But I must admit that my fingers ar iching about the oportunity.

So please if you have any thoght please share these with me.

/Stanislav

03-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

From my knowledge, the Fujica screw mount lens do not have a switch to lock down the aperture blades like those of the SMC Takumar counterparts. So you will have to modify it if you do purchase it to work on DSLR.

Aside from that the lens should work. Quality wise I can not be of any help as I've never owned one of them. However, from my Fujica 55 F1.8 and my Fujica 55 F2.2. Both lenses are very sharp and produce beautiful colours. I can only assume that the EBC 600mm would have the same quality as Fuji made their own lenses at that time and had their own special coating.
03-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Fuji EBC lenses have a reputation of being of the highest quality. Whether that reputation justifies this price, I don't know. To get an idea of current market values, check COMPLETED LISTINGS on eBay. For more info on the lens, ask at MfLenses.Com and you'll get many helpful replies. Good luck!
03-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
assuming IQ is there and that is always a question, 600MMF5.6 is a big step up from the BIGMA.

the BIGMA is 500mmF6.3, so you gain both 100mm (20% focal length) AND 1/2 stop at the same time.

Might be an interesting lens. Let us see some pic's if you go for it

03-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
While I was thinking whether it is worth investing that kind of money into the lens, somebody else was more eager than me. So no Fujinon 600 for me this time

... The good side of it is that there is some money left to be invested when something else interesting pops up