Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
??? about a koron lens

i picked up a Kiron 70-210 micro F4.5-5.6??? MF push pull zoom W/ the A setting for 10$ it was in good condition pant was a bit worn but no biggy i got it for a knock around lens or some thing i could use if i was shooting some thing that i did not wont to risk my other lens. i do not use it a lot but i put it on my K10D the other day and did some shots with it and was sprised how nicse it was duse any one know any thing about this lens or Kiron lenes in genal

tipo Kiron not koron

Last edited by nathancombs; 10-19-2007 at 09:22 AM.
10-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You stumbled onto a great lens. I have a similar one, and love it. I've also used the 70-150mm before. Both are great. If you don't mind (I actually like it) the manual nature of the lens, it will fast become a favorite. I've used mine with a 2x teleconverter and gotten a couple good shots. Kiron makes a matched converter.

$10 is a little less than half what I normally see them go for, so you got a good deal. Dollar for dollar, I don't know if there's a better lens out there than a Kiron lens. (There are better lens, but they cost more).

Shot these at SeaWorld with it on my DS.

10-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
NICE aroun hear i probly can get them for 5-20$ so i may get more the thing is i have most of the focal lanthes i need for 300mm and under i just need a faster AF lenes lol

my Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 apo, the kit 18-55, and Tokina AT-X 80-200 F2.8 MF seem to cover every thing i need and when i need the speed my 50 F.17 MF and 135 F2.5 MF work well so i do not use the 70-210 a lot

the thing is that all my fast glass is MF NOT so good for night time football LOL

so the thing is if i come by some of these lenes if there ok and cheep would it be a wast of $$$ to buy them up
10-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

nice pictures mediaslinky.

10-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
nice pictures mediaslinky.
i agree
10-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
roy
Inactive Account

i've been around quite a few kiron lenses and vivitar made by them. about all i can say is that i've never seen a bad kiron lens as long as it works. when you store the lens stand it up with the mount highest. these were notorious for bad grease in them that broke down after a few years.
10-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster

i just was goofing and out in my garden with it the falts with the photo are mine lol as i do not shoot this stuff a lot but i was like whate a minet this is not so bad maby i need to use this lens more lol
10-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nathancombs Quote
i agree
Thanks. Aside from the kit lens, I use all MF lenses because I can't drop the coin needed to get good auto lenses. I decided to 'focus" on decent old glass and make myself learn to adjust manually.

I do miss the auto in sports and action shots. Someday...

10-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mediaslinky Quote
Thanks. Aside from the kit lens, I use all MF lenses because I can't drop the coin needed to get good auto lenses. I decided to 'focus" on decent old glass and make myself learn to adjust manually.

I do miss the auto in sports and action shots. Someday...
i KNOW the filling that and afford the split imige screen, i am still out on them thow i not shore how well they work

BUT hay if we can get pritty good glass for 20$ and under lol so what if it is MF lol just do not tell the camera shops around hear so i can keep getting it LOL
10-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Keep it unless you see another in better cosmetic condition...They are vey good ones and will work forever if the grease don't melt....They do not make them like that anymore....

Dawg
10-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dawg Quote
Keep it unless you see another in better cosmetic condition...They are vey good ones and will work forever if the grease don't melt....They do not make them like that anymore....

Dawg
the one i have is SMOOTH and the grees seems not eving close to whering, i have seen a good many of the Kiron brand around i may start picking them up more often and like i sed befor they usly go for 5-20$ so not expicive at all