Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #1

New lenses and serial number database

Hi,

I'm new and not sure this is the correct forum. Anyways, I purchased a new lens online and was shocked to find the Pentax box was very very well worn and scratched. The lens looks good, but there was a small speck of dust in the lens cap. I wonder if they made a mistake and sent me a used lens instead. I checked the serial number and it corresponds to lenses that were purchased in December 2009. Is this possible? The online retailer is fairly large. Just wondering if they made a mistake? I have other boxes and they look mint. I don't want to post the name of the retailer because I'd like to resolve it with them first, if this is even necessary. I'll search the forum and see about testing the lens.

03-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It the box was beaten up then it's more than likely! Glad to see the serial database helped
03-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the resource (SN database). It's a great idea.
I sent the lens (DA70) back for a refund since I wasn't happy with the quality. It also had visible dust on the inside of the lens. Hard to decide whether to replace it or go for a DA*300mm,200mm or 31mm instead.