Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Those are pretty cool. Seldom seeing someone got both the FA and DA LE lens set

So you got 10 lenses from 10mm to 77mm? Guess you like shooting in this range so much

Cheers!
Well the DA ones mainly serves the DS (my compact camera), the FA ones the K10D.

Yep i really like that FL range, actually the 8 of them are below 50mm and the 7 from 31 and below. i really do like wide angle stuff

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Nice. Do you actually use both the DA's and FA's? I've been tossing back and forth over that 70 versus 77 thing, and seeing your lineup almost has me thinking just get them both. hehehe
Yep, that is what I did... No actually I like to have the 3 DA limiteds, they make out for a wonderful party camera when coupled with the DS.

[QUOTE=Peter Zack;122267]
QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
Thomas, Love the stacked filter ring "hood" on the 31mm. I did that for my 43mm for awhile and found some older Tak metal screw on hoods that do a great job to replace the stacked filter rings (without glass).
Actually Gene used to sell them from the marketplace
Hmm... sounds interesting...

QuoteOriginally posted by TKH Quote
Nice collection!
What for are these extensions? Are the normal hoods to short (Crop?)?

Best,
Rainer
No not for a full frame view, but due to the reduced FOV, we are able to use longer and more effective hoods.

Those are stack of 58mm filter rings which serve as a hood

I got a better one from Heliopan (kinda like a filter extension) for mine:

Frank, that looks very nice, your 31 solution... do you have a link to where to get it?

11-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Nice collection!
What for are these extensions? Are the normal hoods to short (Crop?)?

Best,
Rainer
Yeah, the normal hoods are for full frame, not really suitable for APSC. Besides, I feel the bundled hoods for these FA Limited lenses are not protective enough, especially the one on FA31.
11-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Hi Thomas,
what the hell is that on your 31??

Please tell a newbie.

Best,
Rainer
[QUOTE=Duplo;122325]Well the DA ones mainly serves the DS (my compact camera), the FA ones the K10D.

Yep i really like that FL range, actually the 8 of them are below 50mm and the 7 from 31 and below. i really do like wide angle stuff

Yep, that is what I did... No actually I like to have the 3 DA limiteds, they make out for a wonderful party camera when coupled with the DS.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Actually Gene used to sell them from the marketplace
Hmm... sounds interesting...

No not for a full frame view, but due to the reduced FOV, we are able to use longer and more effective hoods.

Frank, that looks very nice, your 31 solution... do you have a link to where to get it?
Yeah, it looks quite nice, and works quite well to

I bought it in a local store. Never found any online store selling it, sorry ...
11-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #64
Veteran Member

It was harder than I thought to get it all in one picture. Sorry no K10D to drool over in this picture

Last edited by Jimfear; 01-30-2009 at 03:00 AM.
11-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #65
Veteran Member

My Gear...Don't be Jealous

I just wanted to post my gear...It is about time that I show you my stuff. Will be using this for my up and coming shoot on the 3rd of December. Hope Steve Jacobs knows how to deal with this "Beast"

Stop DROOLING...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SGH-G600  Photo 

Last edited by benjikan; 11-27-2007 at 05:42 PM.
11-27-2007, 04:53 PM   #66

Oh no, and I was so proud of my Pentax gear...

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I just wanted to post my gear...It is about time that I show you my stuff. Will be using this for my up and coming shoot on the 3rd of December. Hope Steve Jacobs know how to deal with this "Beast"

Stop DROOLING...
Dammit Ben, you have ruined our egos now, we all thought your success was due to the Pentax gear, now the secret is out!!

We all thought your gear would be more impressive.... cough!

My K10D and all the related gear just went in the bin... sigh!!

Phil
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I used to have one of these.
Sony Mavica MVC-FD75 Digital Camera ( MVC-FD75 ) - Digital Cameras
I paid $700.00 when it came out..I have the very first model of it...I will take a pic of it..I have it at work.

11-28-2007, 04:25 AM   #68
Inactive Account

Yes, we have one of those Sony Mavicas at work still. It was IT approved at the time simply because you could use a 3 1/4" floppy as film lol.
12-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #69
Veteran Member

A recent one. Only thing missing is the k100d and pentax 18-35 that was used to take the shot.

12-02-2007, 06:21 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I paid $700.00 when it came out..I have the very first model of it...I will take a pic of it..I have it at work.
I used to have one of those as well ... the amount of floppy disks I used to have to carry was crazy.

Mine was black though ... not silver.
12-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
i used one once or 2x it was good for retuching if i needed a chair leg or random stuff for a photoi was doing it was way ezer to photo one and put it in than try and fix the orgnal the flopys at the time where covenit
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM   #72

Okay, picture this.... A K100D WITH KIT LENS.

That's mine.

No, actually, I'm just kidding. I do have a few other lenses [50mm 1.4, 100mm, 50-200mm] but I had to ask --- besides LBA, what would someone need 21 lenses for?? I'm not being sarcastic, I'd really like to know. I am always wondering if I should/could/would buy another lens, which one would it be??
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #73

Hey all - great pictures of wonderful gear! Now, if you all could post your street addresses as well....

:-)

Anyway, I have nothing terribly exciting to show, but maybe I'll get a Limited 40 this year. Who knows!
12-03-2007, 01:24 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Those are stack of 58mm filter rings which serve as a hood

I got a better one from Heliopan (kinda like a filter extension) for mine:

Hi Frank, is the 31mm lens hood the Heliopan 58mm LONG hood? I've only found two sources on the net, One at B&H and the other at Teamworks UK. The old Tak 49mm long hoods work OK with the 43 and 77 but I need a 58mm for the 31.

Take care,

David
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Panache Quote
No, actually, I'm just kidding. I do have a few other lenses [50mm 1.4, 100mm, 50-200mm] but I had to ask --- besides LBA, what would someone need 21 lenses for?? I'm not being sarcastic, I'd really like to know. I am always wondering if I should/could/would buy another lens, which one would it be??
Well I am not sure why people would need 21 lenses, but I guess I know why people own a lot that on the paper seems similar.

In my own case I own a DA21, A24 and FA*24. however there is a real difference between the 21 and 24m FOV.
My reason for owning both the 24mm lenses is quite simple.
The FA*24 is big bright and a wonderful AF lens, my standard walkabout lens.
The A24, has that precise MF feel, is very compact and excellent for landscapes (which is MF work for me anyway).
Furthermore its minimal focus distance is closer than the FA*24, which actually comes in handy at times.

Similar examples could be the DA40 vs. FA43 or DA70 vs FA77... different reasoning behind but same logic as above.

What I am trying to say is that different lenses renders differently and has different strongsides. having a lot to choose from gives you options...

That said LBA is a big factor too