Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Meyer domiplan 50 2,8 aperture problem!

For the aperture to shut a pin needs to get pushed in. Of course the pin won't push in when it's on the camera.

Should I glue the pin? or is there a better solution?

It's in very good condition, so it feels bad gluing it. Not that it's useful for anyone without the pin glued.

03-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, it's a problem. The solution for the Domi is: They are cheap, so buy another one. Glue one, leave the other alone. That is why I have two Domi 50/2.8's and two Oreston 50/1.8's. One each for my PK-mount SLRs, the others for my M42 auto SLRs.

Some people, with more mechanical ability than I, remove the lens base, and depress or remove the pin, leaving it so that pin function can be restored later if desired. Thus is lens value preserved -- which with a cheap-ass Domi, is hardly worth the effort.

Note on glues: I have superglued a few auto-only M42 lenses. Superglue (cyanacrylic?) will supposedly dissolve in acetate, such as nail-polish remover, but that has not worked for me. Contact cement dissolves in lacquer thinner, or alcohol. I have used contact cement on other lens projects, but not M42 pins. And I *have* dissolved contact cement with 70% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on other projects. That may work as a reversible auto-pin stabilizer.
03-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks! Super glue seems to be the easiest way.