Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Is it safe to buy this lens?

Hi Everybody,
I wanted to know if Pentax fixed the SDM problems with the 50-135 mm f 2.8 lens so that it is a reliable lens? Has anyone who has bought one in the last two years had any problems with theirs or should I wait until Sigma releases their new version of the 50-150mm F 2.8 lens for Pentax to see how good that is?

03-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #2

it is probably after the kit the bestseller of pentax so there will be some defect ones, but still in the forum are definetely more people that are scared of a defect than the ones having a defect one

I will buy mine within the next two weeks, just have to go into me one last time again, convincing myself that it is the more reasonable choise over the FA 77 Ltd - why must a FA77 feel that good
03-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Well, I've had mine much more than two years and it's never missed a beat. If anything happened to it I'd run straight out and buy another one. Nobody will swear that SDM issues are 'fixed' with any lens - then there are others who won't touch Sigma lenses (I wouldn't touch the cheaper ones but the EXs seem fine). How long are you prepared to wait, and how many opportunities will you miss in that time?