Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
S. Randy, honestly, I feel the FA 50 is going to give you the most artistic flexibility (creative rendering, flexible aperture), while the DA 35 is going to give you the most photographic flexibility (because in tight spaces, the FA 50 might not give you enough room to work).

Hope that helps.

03-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #77

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
S. Randy, honestly, I feel the FA 50 is going to give you the most artistic flexibility (creative rendering, flexible aperture), while the DA 35 is going to give you the most photographic flexibility (because in tight spaces, the FA 50 might not give you enough room to work).

Hope that helps.
Thanks for all your helpful replies!
03-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by s.randy Quote
Thanks for all your helpful replies!
No problem .

Realistically, one day it would not be ridiculous or expensive for you to own both. You could also substitute the 35 for a 28mm (50 + 28mm is a good combo)
03-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #79

You have the answer already and you have all the meaningless "opinions" that went with them, mine included! Your problem, just like everyone before you, is simple. You Don't like the answer! My "BORING" rant pointed this out.

The Kit lens or the cheap DA35 are the two best Pentax lenses currently made. All things considered! Bar None anyone who tells you differently spends more time shooting charts and measurebating then actually taking photos.

You want a Limited. you know you do... So buy it already, You won't be happy unless you do. The sad part is, as history has proven over and over, you also won't be happy once you do! My "Boring" Rant covered this as well.
No matter what anyone on a forum tells you, your mind is set, you are going to get the limited, either now or in the future, so just buy it now.

In the amount of time you WASTED on here being BORED with peoples answers you could have had all or any of the lenses you mentioned, and been happily shooting with them.
Hopefully at some time you will have both the overprices Limited of FA50 and the Cheap da35 or the even better 18-55wr lenses at the same time, then you can Exhaustively A/B them and you will see that for all Intents and Purposes, for everyday photography, there is NO DIFFERENCE between them.

Remember - It is the Photographer not the Lens.

03-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HEAHA Quote
you will have both the overprices Limited of FA50
The FA50/1.4 is not a limited. Perhaps you should gather your facts before ranting endlessly and being overly critical of others.
03-27-2011, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HEAHA Quote
You have the answer already and you have all the meaningless "opinions" that went with them, mine included! Your problem, just like everyone before you, is simple. You Don't like the answer! My "BORING" rant pointed this out.

The Kit lens or the cheap DA35 are the two best Pentax lenses currently made. All things considered! Bar None anyone who tells you differently spends more time shooting charts and measurebating then actually taking photos.

You want a Limited. you know you do... So buy it already, You won't be happy unless you do. The sad part is, as history has proven over and over, you also won't be happy once you do! My "Boring" Rant covered this as well.
No matter what anyone on a forum tells you, your mind is set, you are going to get the limited, either now or in the future, so just buy it now.

In the amount of time you WASTED on here being BORED with peoples answers you could have had all or any of the lenses you mentioned, and been happily shooting with them.
Hopefully at some time you will have both the overprices Limited of FA50 and the Cheap da35 or the even better 18-55wr lenses at the same time, then you can Exhaustively A/B them and you will see that for all Intents and Purposes, for everyday photography, there is NO DIFFERENCE between them.

Remember - It is the Photographer not the Lens.
HEAHA you are rather obnoxious and ill-informed.

While I would not argue that anyone needs a limited, for you to claim that the 18-55 is better than all of them is just misleading. So is your claiming that the FA 50 is no different from the kit lens (when they are, in fact, about 4 stops different). That's 16x the amount of light available to the photographer.... and while the lens will not take a good picture, a good photographer will make use of that light (and that DOF). The same argument applies to the DA L 35mm, actually, it's just a little less extreme.

I get a little irate at those who jump into every thread and say "buy the FA 31!", but you are just as bad from another direction. There are so many amazing lenses to try... and what better place to compare the merits of 2 lenses than the lens subsection of a forum.

Which brings me to my second point - if you care so little for lenses, what the heck are you doing in the lens discussion area of the board?
03-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #82
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Attributing qualities to lenses is fair comment. Attributing qualities to fellow members is unbecoming, Heaha.

03-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #83

Thanks for all the helpful info in this thread. As another new Pentax user it is nice to do a quick search and find someone with similar questions to my own and a wealth on info answering them from all perspectives.

I am a member of quite a few forums" golfwrx, watchuseek, superfuture etc. And each one has there own personality, which brings me to my question.

What happens to trolls here?
03-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #84
Veteran Member

The FA50f1.4 first.
then after 2 years, the FA35f2.

No budget?
The K50f1.4 and then K35f2
;-)
03-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I purchased and sold the FA 50mm f1.4. For me I wasn't happy with its wider than f2.5 or f2.8 and once I got my 50-150mm f2.8 is was useless. I just got the 35mm f2.4 from one of the last places who hasn't raised prices on it. and I plan on seeing what it can do.

I would have to say the FA 50mm is a highly overated lens.
03-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by omega leader Quote
I would have to say the FA 50mm is a highly overated lens.
Big words! Did you use the FA 50 with a hood?

So many people who call the lens soft, low contrast, forget to use a good hood...
04-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #87

Original Poster
I forgot to check back on this and missed a bunch of post including another mind numbing rant Anyway I ended up buying a DA 40 if anyone cares
04-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Anyway I ended up buying a DA 40 if anyone cares
Good choice!
04-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
Did you use the FA 50 with a hood?
What hood do you recommend? I've been using a Takumar 55 hood, but think its too wide for digital.
04-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #90
Veteran Member

I forgot to check back on this and missed a bunch of post including another mind numbing rant Anyway I ended up buying a DA 40 if anyone cares

We both did. I must confess that I don't like or use the screw cap, takes way too long.