Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Was that Kurt's? I've been in there a couple times and I saw a K-x and a couple kits lenses but that was about it.
Yes indeed, both Nob Hill camera stores had the same experience with distributor problems. I don't think there's a store in the state that carries up to date Pentax gear. BTW, we've got a New Mexico social group if you're interested: New Mexico Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com

03-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Was that Kurt's? I've been in there a couple times and I saw a K-x and a couple kits lenses but that was about it.
A few years ago, 2009, to be exact, they had not heard of the DA 17-70 or any 17-70 for Pentax.
03-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #18
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,775
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Yes indeed, both Nob Hill camera stores had the same experience with distributor problems. I don't think there's a store in the state that carries up to date Pentax gear. BTW, we've got a New Mexico social group if you're interested: New Mexico Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
Yeah, and maybe we'll do something some day. Deadwolfbones and I have had a very pleasant lunch, but the group seems otherwise hard to assemble.
03-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #19
Pentaxian
v5planet's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,913
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Yeah, and maybe we'll do something some day. Deadwolfbones and I have had a very pleasant lunch, but the group seems otherwise hard to assemble.
That could be fun. A small group is probably better for photo outings than a huge honking group anyway I would think. I feel unauthentic though -- I've only lived here a short time and may not be here terribly much longer. Still, I really want to get some good photos of ABQ from up in the Sandias at night and at twilight... must get warmer so I can go camping.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brand, confidence, enthusiast, hoya, k-mount, nikon, pentax, pentax lens, pentax love, slr lens, system, thom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thom Hogan likes Pentax lens lineup Kammerer Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 03-02-2011 07:41 AM
Thom Hogan weighs in Wheatfield General Talk 19 11-25-2010 04:39 PM
Thom Hogan's predictions for 2011 deadwolfbones Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 17 11-15-2010 08:12 AM
Thom Hogan article Bob Tuttle Photographic Technique 0 12-14-2009 09:58 AM
Thom Predictions Don't Look Good for Pentax fwbigd Pentax News and Rumors 102 11-16-2008 10:11 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top