Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How much and where from (lenses in EU)

1. My intention is to understand how lenses market works. I saw lenses who are listed 3x$ less than new price (even if bought in december 2010), and the warranty does not transfer to new owner! Why people are willing to pay this high prices, or think they can get that price? How do you decide that a price asked for a lens is fair?

2. Europe sucks in terms of used lenses market (personal conclusion). If you would look for some old glass where would that be? What websites (other than ebay UK, Germany, France etc.) are there (EU)? For example, in Romania there are few photo forums with adds and one ebay-like, but not so much Pentax stuff anyway).

03-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, marketplace sucks in europe

A good place to find some Pentax stuff is on ebay, for exemple. if you have in Romania some website were you can post some annonce, go on it.

Website of resseller are good too. Even small shop that buy some second hand stuff. sometimes you can find some good things.

For the Market lense : as you could see, some people ask some incredible price for some lenses (like 1500$ for a 85/2 !), but in fact, in the users's reviews of lenses you can see some average price, wich is often the one you can found in the marketplace. Depends on what people are ready to pay, and how much money the seller wants. that's it !
03-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If I buy lenses and stuff off ebay. When you're patient and have the right bidding technique you can still get away quite cheap.
Other than that I have no sources. I have a real camera shop but its price politics is even more steep.