Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #1

dc motor refresh?

Guys I'm considering a 50-135 purchase for my birthday, but hearing about the SDM failures so prone to these lens, I am quite hesitant. As people rave about the new DC motor found in 18-135 I wonder if DC is coming to the DA* lenses in near future?

03-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No idea.

We won't know till a DA* with DC comes out or if Pentax announces one soon. And neither of those have happened yet.

There's also no guarantee that DC is less failure prone than SDM *knock on wood* But I would certainly hope so - wouldn't want problems with my 18-135
03-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm going to applogize for my outburst. "I am sorry."

I think it's time they start to take this seriously. They did a wonderful job on refreshing the K-x and K-7, now it's time to refresh the lens and flash.

I'm still holding my purchase of a K-5 because I'm still looking for an answer to the SDM. They need to start answering inquiries instead of ignoring it. The internet has totally change the landscape of retail and if they expect to survive on web sales only, then they have an issue. Anyone can search today the web and find out all sorts of information. Right or wrong, it leaves an impression on all readers. They need to combat the negative press or own it and address it.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread. It's been a really long day and frustrating. I'm now going out to do what I love, be a photographer.

7samurai
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
You could go for the Sigma 50-150mm. It is a good alternative for the DA 50-135mm. I personally went for the Sigma.