Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This makes me want to go out and shoot a bit with this combo. I have both the K10d and the DA15, but I am having trouble remembering when I might have used them together. I tend to use the DA15 for interior shots--not where the K10D shines--or for travel, for which I generally use the bodies that take AA batts.

06-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No lens is perfect for all applications. The DA 15mm Limited is the best lens I've owned in almost four decades of serious shooting, and that includes some Zeiss glass. It is a specality lens--basically a landscape lens--but I use it for all kinds of shots outdoors, not just because of the wonderful way it renders, but for the extreme sharpness. Sweet spot is between f-11 and f-14. If there is a sharper lens at these apatures, I have never see it. It's not a lens that should be used wide open. That's like buying a 400mm lens for close up work.
I use the 15 where it shines brightest, and the K10D where it shines brightest (100 ISO). Together, they are simply awesome.
06-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Da15 ltd is not a very sharp lens.
??? As measured by Photozone, it is one of the sharpest lenses tested for Pentax. It is easily the sharpest of any lens I have ever used, included all of the other DA Limiteds.
06-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I agree with Marc, the DA15 is an extremely sharp lens in my experience (with very low distortion too).