Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Unless Klaus publishes a conversion factor, there is no way of figuring it out for now. The figures are rather arbitrary (depend on AA filter strength and heavily depend on the amount of sharpening used) so results across cameras are not transferrable.
If I'm not mistaken, sharpening should be consistent and the strength of the AA filter is reflected in the maximum LW/PH value of the image sensor.

--DragonLord

03-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been waiting on his review of the 18-135 so long I will already be shooting with it by the time it gets completed.
03-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #18
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
I don't think you need to wait for Falk Lumo (falconeye).

Multiply the lens' resolution as measured on the K10D by 2750/2350, or 1.17. The 1.17 factor is the ratio of the maximum resolution of the K-5 compared to that of the K10D.

--DragonLord
+/- yes...FA43 is still the best.
03-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #19
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
I've been waiting on his review of the 18-135 so long I will already be shooting with it by the time it gets completed.
Klaus postponed this review because of bad copy of lens.

03-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Unless Klaus publishes a conversion factor, there is no way of figuring it out for now. The figures are rather arbitrary (depend on AA filter strength and heavily depend on the amount of sharpening used) so results across cameras are not transferrable.
Quite true. Says so, right on the site. Probably the biggest thing that I look at is the aperture at which performance is peak (here, looks like f4) and the performance wide open in comparison.

Sharpness is generally overrated, since nearly all modern lenses are sharp. However, their rendering differs greatly.
03-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
You can calculate the resolution of lenses at 16 MP if you know LW/PH at 10 MP.
You cannot assume that you can just convert one with the other, that would work only for a lens that didn't outresolve the K10D sensor. so basically it rules out every lens at their peak performance
03-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
You cannot assume that you can just convert one with the other, that would work only for a lens that didn't outresolve the K10D sensor. so basically it rules out every lens at their peak performance
Thanks. I'm sorry if my post is erroneous; ogl and I were assuming that the MTF values were proportional. I certainly don't want to confuse readers of this forum...

--DragonLord

Last edited by bwDraco; 03-16-2011 at 05:31 AM.
03-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
Thanks. I'm sorry if my post is erroneous; ogl and I were assuming that the MTF values were proportional. I certainly don't want to confuse readers of this forum...
Hey! No worries! That's one reason why Klaus says results cannot be compared with different systems. At least when the camera's resolution is similar, it doesn't create even more problems...