Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #31

I noticed the FA silver limiteds are roughly around the same price as the blacks, but why are the silver DA limiteds so much more expensive than the normal blacks? =/ It's making it harder to decide to get a full set of silver DA limiteds when the blacks are such good deals. =/

05-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Different construction

The FA Ltds in both black and silver were metel. The DA silver Ltds are also basically metal construction.

Kim
QuoteOriginally posted by Byakko Quote
I noticed the FA silver limiteds are roughly around the same price as the blacks, but why are the silver DA limiteds so much more expensive than the normal blacks? =/ It's making it harder to decide to get a full set of silver DA limiteds when the blacks are such good deals. =/
05-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kim C Quote
Different construction

The FA Ltds in both black and silver were metel. The DA silver Ltds are also basically metal construction.

Kim
Do you really know what you're talking about?
All FA Limiteds and DA Limiteds are made of metal construction.
The silver DA Limiteds are limited-edition lenses (limited to 500 pieces per lens) and therefore cost more than the usual black.
05-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #34

Sorry - Brit dry sense of humour hence the !!

I was "quoting" the Pentax UK site. Specification for both including weight etc are identical but they make more play of the "Metal housing construction" and "silver colour" on the Ltd.

Of course they are just charging more because they can! LOLOL

Interesting that the US site has exactly the same description.

Kim

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Do you really know what you're talking about?
All FA Limiteds and DA Limiteds are made of metal construction.
The silver DA Limiteds are limited-edition lenses (limited to 500 pieces per lens) and therefore cost more than the usual black.

05-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Byakko Quote
Marketing. Don't believe the hype - just buy the colour you want. If you don't care, black is never a bad choice .
05-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Webstore is showing "in stock: ships within 1 day" for the 40 and 70 in silver, but still say "pre-order" to buy... a little odd. I did order a 70 yesterday and credit card was charged today...

anyone getting them yet in the US?
05-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
Marketing. Don't believe the hype - just buy the colour you want. If you don't care, black is never a bad choice .
Exactly! I actually prefer Black, black always looks good, silver trends always come and go, remember years ago when they started making tv's in silver? That was a big trend, didnt like it, i thought it made them look cheap.

Dont get me wrong, the silver LTD's do look nice, but not my cup of tea. Give me black anyday

05-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #38
Veteran Member

My FA silvers match my silver K-5 perfectly, but it's the grip shape that I'm actually benefiting from most. Black lenses look fine on the body too and miraculously they still work

Seriously though, I'm just happy that as Pentaxians, we have a choice.
05-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #39
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apparently the silver DAs are more expensive due to limited quantity (that's what I heard from shop owner).
05-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #40
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DRabbit Quote
Pentax Webstore is showing "in stock: ships within 1 day" for the 40 and 70 in silver, but still say "pre-order" to buy... a little odd. I did order a 70 yesterday and credit card was charged today...

anyone getting them yet in the US?
I have the Silver 21 on order from them.....naturally it's the one that is still not in stock. They told me that I would definitely be getting one, but the eta slipped. I'm hoping it will be in soon since somebody here posted that they were now showing in stock in the U.K. The 21 is the only DA I'm getting in the silver since I opted for the 43 and 77 in Silver. Love both of those lenses. Keeping my fingers crossed for quick delivery on that 21, but if it takes too long I might be lured into the 15mm.
05-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I ordered the 70mm on Wednesday. In the status line it showed as "pending". Yesterday that switched to "Auto CC Auth". Today it has switched to "in the warehouse". Hopefully, that's all a good sign it'll be on it's way soon!

Based on the ones for sale in the marketplace by the guy in Singapore who says he won't have them to ship until the 18th... I'm thinking all of us who ordered already will likely get them around that time as well. But I'm guessing...
05-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #42
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DRabbit Quote
Well, I ordered the 70mm on Wednesday. In the status line it showed as "pending". Yesterday that switched to "Auto CC Auth". Today it has switched to "in the warehouse". Hopefully, that's all a good sign it'll be on it's way soon!

Based on the ones for sale in the marketplace by the guy in Singapore who says he won't have them to ship until the 18th... I'm thinking all of us who ordered already will likely get them around that time as well. But I'm guessing...
I'm thinking the same thing. They told me somewhere around the 21st of May, but that it could slip again when I talked to them on the phone. They subsequently sent me an email about the delay, but confirming I would definitely get one. Keeping my fingers crossed, especially since I want it for a trip to New York in June.
05-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FYI... I just got off the phone with Pentax, and at least what they told me was that my 70mm will be shipping UPS Ground either today or tomorrow! I'm not going to count on that being accurate, but at least I'm hopeful

Now if I could just find a silver 31...
05-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #44
Forum Member

Silver is definitely cool but I really don't think the price is justified. The silver k5 looks rad with black lenses anyways I figure, so I think the silver primes are reserved for only the most ocd of us.
05-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Apparently the silver DAs are more expensive due to limited quantity (that's what I heard from shop owner).
I'm betting they will make more than 500 of the ltd lenses in silver. I do find it interesting they seemed to have left out the 15mm. I guess it would have just been too much left handed pixie dust over load.